Where are we?

Options
since the new Polk Audio web page started, it is harder and harder to find the forums. First I had to go to the "Support" site but now the forums are not even there. I had to type in the URL to get to this place. I guess we are doomed to be a dieing breed,,,, :'(
Stan

Main 2ch:
Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    Last I checked we were on the third rock from the sun...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    skrol wrote: »
    I had to type in the URL to get to this place.

I suggest using a bookmark/favorite.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    I just type "forum" and auto-complete does the rest.
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/

Actually, come to think of it, I have it as one of my start-up pages on the Chrome browser. :)

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Last I checked we were on the third rock from the sun...

Who am I? Why am I here?

https://youtu.be/T1w3FgB0Ohc

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Why am I here? Because you are here. Roll the Bones!
    Where am I in the universe. Dunno
    Which membrane am I on? I'm just thankful.
    :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Where am I in the universe. Dunno...
    :)

oxu24f0a815o.png

The multiverse is glad to have all y'all (or so I hear).

0ijklpn0jngq.png

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    When I came out of anesthesia once in the recovery room ( I pop out fully alert. Apparently that's not the case for some) the guy in the adjoining bed was freaking out because he didn't know what was going on. He yelled "What's happening?!! Where am I?!!" So I looked over at him and said "Earth, I think!". The nurse said " You probably shouldn't antagonize him" :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,804
    Options
    The first time I came out of it I looked at the guy next to me, he looked as white as the sheet over him, so I asked out loud, "Am I dead?". No was the distant answer...lol
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    ^^^ Ah man, I'm dyin' at those last two posts!
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The first time I came out of it I looked at the guy next to me, he looked as white as the sheet over him, so I asked out loud, "Am I dead?". No was the distant answer...lol

Thanks for sharing Jesse. I had always hoped you would regale us with the story of how you first became a vampire....

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Appears we don't know even know where we are in the galaxy yet. (Geeez)
    I came across this two days ago:
    https://www.sciencealert.com/earth-is-significantly-closer-to-our-galaxy-s-supermassive-black-hole-than-we-thought

If you meant were are we in headspace:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbBDrceCy8
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    The Earth is doomed. It's just a question of when (and how)
    Repent!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    Where's my sandwich board?!?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Make mine roast beef....
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The L800 appear to be BACK on the website, so maybe a link to the forum might yet happen... 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Not sure about the DETAILED DESCRIPTION section, though... 😬

Benefits Tab:

✔️ Make virtually any TV sound incredible
    ✔️ Hi-Res music streaming with Chromecast
    ✔️ 3 years warranty
    ✔️ 6.5” Turbine Cone coupled with the Pinnacle tweeter give you the most accurate musical reproduction from a bookshelf speaker. Great for 2-channel and used as rears for a Home Theater

@KennethSwauger
    Alea jacta est!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,787
    Options
    Still no link.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Kex
    Options
    And the issues noted have not been fixed either... @KennethSwauger this is a ridiculous and meaningless description for the Legend L800. 🤦‍♂️

Any chance of a fix, or is the L800 just doomed already? 🤔
    Kex wrote: »
    Not sure about the DETAILED DESCRIPTION section, though... 😬

Benefits Tab:

✔️ Make virtually any TV sound incredible
    ✔️ Hi-Res music streaming with Chromecast
    ✔️ 3 years warranty
    ✔️ 6.5” Turbine Cone coupled with the Pinnacle tweeter give you the most accurate musical reproduction from a bookshelf speaker. Great for 2-channel and used as rears for a Home Theater

@KennethSwauger

Alea jacta est!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Will do, I've forwarded this to Polk.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,049
    Options
    Actually, Stu said multiple times a set of these in the rear and as fronts produced incredible sound
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Kex
    Options
    Still not a bookshelf speaker, though. Also, nothing to do with Chromecast (any streamer could be added to a receiver, obviously, but this implies that it’s integrated).

Also doubt there’ll be more than three people on the planet using them as rears in a HT. Might as well add that suggestion on the product page of the Focal Grande Utopia.
    Alea jacta est!