Securing a shed

Options
2»

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    I have one of those Bullseye solar ones that are good for 2 miles of fence. It's called the weed burner. Has it's own battery supply. DO NOT touch this one on a dare! Don't ask me how I know...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    edited November 2020
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    I have one of those Bullseye solar ones that are good for 2 miles of fence. It's called the weed burner. Has it's own battery supply. DO NOT touch this one on a dare! Don't ask me how I know...

We have two, a little one for the back garden (which is small) and a bigger one for the main garden (which is also small, but less so ;) ).
    The little one has a capacity, if memory serves, of 0.1 J and runs on D cells. It generates a good potential based on the field tester, but I haven't tested it the hard way - yet.
    The other one is a bigger one that runs off of a 12V SLA battery, charged by a small PV panel. That one has a capacity of 0.5 J -- not cattle-rancher levels of power, but adequate. :)
    https://www.speedritechargers.com/collections/speedrite-solar-powered-fence-chargers/products/speedrite-500-solar-powered-fence-charger-30-mile-100-acre-free-u-s-a-shipping-and-fence-tester
    (ours is the previous generation of this model)

of course, these gizmos (fence chargers) deliver their wallop in pulses, a few seconds apart -- they wouln't much help the OP's problem unless the scalawag grabbed hold of something metal and held on for long enough to get zapped.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,520
    Options
    use guys are scaring me.
    lt5g1dz6pzs4.jpeg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    You just need one of these signslrgomv98aixe.jpg
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Some mo fo has loosened the light bulb (twice now) that illuminates my shed area. Suggesting that I might (will) get hit. They must like lead or something. Anyone here bullet proof their shed?

qww9a69cw4l0.jpg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    So -- I feel a need to mention this, fully acknowledging that it may be completely irrelevant.

Over time, for reasons completely unknown to me, one or both of the bulbs in the fixtures flanking our (unused) front door will work loose enough not to light when switched on. I don't know if it from vibration (although, again, the door itself probably gets opened 2 or 3 times per year) or environmental heating/cooling or evil spirits or... whatever. I just know that roughly annually I have to tighten up one or both bulbs.

None of the other exterior bulbs (either the 'fancy' fixtures by the doors or the floods up high on the sides and corners of the house) do it -- just the ones by the front door.

9787456033_efa888a230_c.jpg96130005s by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    Are you near a freight train by chance? I would guess no but...
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2020
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    So -- I feel a need to mention this, fully acknowledging that it may be completely irrelevant.

Over time, for reasons completely unknown to me, one or both of the bulbs in the fixtures flanking our (unused) front door will work loose enough not to light when switched on. I don't know if it from vibration (although, again, the door itself probably gets opened 2 or 3 times per year) or environmental heating/cooling or evil spirits or... whatever. I just know that roughly annually I have to tighten up one or both bulbs.

None of the other exterior bulbs (either the 'fancy' fixtures by the doors or the floods up high on the sides and corners of the house) do it -- just the ones by the front door.

9787456033_efa888a230_c.jpg96130005s by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    Are you near a freight train by chance? I would guess no but...

Not near in the vibrational sense, no -- but we can hear them sometimes from the yards in nearby White River Jct, VT, when the wind's blowing the right way.
    We do get some vibration when the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center helicopter (lovingly known as The Death Moth to the DHMC docs) flies overhead. I think when they sent out the RFP for The Death Moth, they spec'd "the noisiest chopper ya got". :|

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    Not near in the vibrational sense, no -- but we can hear them sometimes from the yards in nearby White River Jct, VT.

Can you hear the Vermont Transit busses idling at the bus station in White River Junction, like when Edward Wanderley (Douglas Farirbanks Jr.) picks up his son Don (Craig Wasson) in the film "Ghost Story" (1981)?

vnof0g2mv2si.png
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited November 2020
    Options
    tezytxysuft8.jpeg
    Get a few big a.. bones from the butcher stuff them in a shoe and scatter them around the shed. Perhaps have fido pose a time or two with one of said bones. Here fido arf arf. :D
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I've caught the bus to Logan from WRJ -- a long, long time ago.
    Rode the train to and from B-more, too -- also a long, long time ago.