CS350 Left side not working

Options
Guys, I'm looking for some help. Not sure if this should be in "Customer Service" or "Troubleshooting" thread, but I am starting here...

I recently bought a used CS350 Center Channel from the original owner that was supposed to in good working order. When I received the unit, the far right driver was frozen up and the unit had extremely low volume. I figured that the frozen driver was causing the issue. I have found replacement drivers, replaced the frozen driver and I am only getting sound from the tweeter and the 2 right side drivers, no sound from the 2 left side drivers!!??!! I manually tested the 2 left side drivers and they move freely, with no scratching sound. What gives?? I have a copy of the wiring diagram and the unit is wired correctly, so what would cause 1/2 of the unit not to work?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Inspect the crossover for damaged components and also check for continuity between the crossover connections and the drivers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PFL89
    PFL89 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks F1nut, will do. A quick visual didn't show anything obvious, i.e., cracked board, broken solder joint disconnected / misconnected wire, etc. I will look again and get some pics.