Greyhound (Tom Hanks)

Options
I have really been looking forward to watching this and can't seem to find much on it, other than watching it on Apple TV (which I don't have). Was really hoping this would be out on BD by now. Does anyone else here know anything about what's going on with it? I've read some things on the internet but nowhere, no-how, does anyone know anything about a DVD or BD release.
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Before I saw it, I, too, was really looking forward to a physical media release of this.

Then I saw it. Now, I don't have any desire to obtain it on physical media and really wish I could get about 57 minutes of the 1hr 31min runtime back of my life.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,461
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Before I saw it, I, too, was really looking forward to a physical media release of this.

Then I saw it. Now, I don't have any desire to obtain it on physical media and really wish I could get about 57 minutes of the 1hr 31min runtime back of my life.

Well, that kind of takes the air out of my balloon...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    The problem with Greyhound is that the production studio sold the distribution rights to Apple TV for a lot of money. I figure once Apple TV feels they have milked what they can from the movie on their streaming platform they may sell distribution rights for physical media since there is value in those rights too. That may not happen until next year, or may never happen.

The movie does get good reviews.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Well, that kind of takes the air out of my balloon...

After we watched it, my wife asked me why I looked like someone just knocked my ice cream out of my hand. I really wanted to like it. I love the story behind it...those German Wolf Packs were extremely effective and pitting an unexperienced commander against them has huge David vs Goliath story appeal.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 313
    edited October 2020
    Options