Wow! Sony PSP bundles are expensive.

Options
bknauss
bknauss Posts: 1,441
edited February 2005 in Video Games
$380 for the pre order bundles at gamestop. Yea, you get 3 games along with the accesory pack, but that's still a hunk of change considering the Nintendo DS has a bundle for $220. Then you've got Xbox 2 coming out... just doesn't seem like a smart idea by Sony.
Brian Knauss
ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
Post edited by bknauss on

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2005
    Options
    It's way better than the DS though. Seriously, but yes...pricey.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Microsoft can REALLY punish Sony and Nintendo if they wanted to.

Going to be an interesting year for consoles, IMO
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2005
    Options
    PSP and DS are handhelds, broseph.
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Microsoft can REALLY punish Sony and Nintendo if they wanted to.

Going to be an interesting year for consoles, IMO
    :rolleyes:
    Really?
    Was it Halo that put em' to shame? Or maybe Halo 2.
    Oh, I forgot all the football games...
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2005
    Options
    halo is fun and all but damn its not THAT good...
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited February 2005
    Options
    I agree, not asking to start any arguments, but have you guys tried any other FPSs? I have played Halo (2), and Half-Life and a couple others, and I think that Half-Life 2 is loads more fun and more dynamic, personal opinion though,
    Happy Gaming,
    Matt
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2005
    Options
    I don't like Halo at all, actually...it's one of the most repetitive games I've ever played. I'll take Unreal Tournament over Halo anyday because at least the characters are unique.
  • bknauss
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Halo is basically there for multiplayer gaming. But even so... it get's boring with 10 maps or whatever and only a handful of types of games you can play. And all of those are locked so you can't change stuff like weapons and whanot.
    Brian Knauss
  • bknauss
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Anyway... back to PSP... the thing itself is for $250, but no one is selling just the unit right now. $380 is the cheapest bundle I've seen, and even though it includes a lot of stuff, that's a pretty high starting price.
    Brian Knauss
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited February 2005
    Options
    i agree demi...the only bad thing about the unreal tournament series is that you need a pretty nice computer to play it
  • heavy liquid
    heavy liquid Posts: 5
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Anyway... back to PSP... the thing itself is for $250, but no one is selling just the unit right now. $380 is the cheapest bundle I've seen, and even though it includes a lot of stuff, that's a pretty high starting price.

I'm sure when it's released on March 27th, you'll be able to find it for $250 at Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys R Us... etc. No need to go with the Gamestop bundle if you don't want to.

I'm disappointed that they haven't announced a base unit for those who don't want everything in the Value Pack. I'm sure it will eventually be available, but when? I'm guessing that the base unit will be $199, based on the $250 for the Value pack, and the price of the Japanese base unit.