Halloween movies you like.

Options
Tony M
Tony M Posts: 11,017
Here's one of my all time favorites!

Pumpkinhead. It's starting now on AMC East coast.

pay3mir6pv13.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    That movie scared the **** out of me as a kid. I watched it not too long ago.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Tony M
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    That movie scared the **** out of me as a kid. I watched it not too long ago.

It's a realistic one too.

I'd do the same as Ed Harley! :#
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    Here's a list of my favorite horror films that I compiled. I bet there is something for everyone. :p

The Shining (1980), Suspiria (1977), Ghost Story (1980), Phantasm (1979), The Changeling (1980), The Sentinel (1977), The Other (1972), Anguish (1987), Rosemary's Baby (1968), The Thing (1982), Burnt Offerings (1976), Christine (1983), Black Sabbath (1965), The Beyond (1981), Tenebre (1982), Stir of Echoes (1999), The Exorcist (1973), The Church (1989), Psycho (1960), Rabid (1977), Demons (1985), The Sixth Sense (1999), Videodrome (1983), Carrie (1976), Phenomena (1985), The Others (2001), Jaws (1975), Let's Scare Jessica To Death (1971), Prince of Darkness (1987), Aliens (1986), Shivers (1976), Inferno (1980), Repulsion (1965), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), The Ninth Gate (1999), The Woman In Black (2012), Deep Red (1975).
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    Best horror movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz. We can argue all day long, but it IS a horror movie. I've never had a movie scare me like that one. I saw it at such a young age. I don't know what scared me more, the witch or Munchkinland.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Best horror movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz. We can argue all day long, but it IS a horror movie. I've never had a movie scare me like that one. I saw it at such a young age. I don't know what scared me more, the witch or Munchkinland.
    (Do I have time for this endeavor?)

I’ll get back to you after I check my morning schedule.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    .Not really a movie, I suppose, but on Youtube is a series of videos called "Siren Head".
    Very.....eerie :o
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    The scariest scene in the Exorcist happens in the attic.
    On some level all the ridiculous conspiracy theories ruined The Shining for me.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,461
    Options
    I think my favorites have always been Halloween and Halloween II, but not that weird third one with the three masks.

As a consequence of Halloween II, I'm disturbed by the song, Mr. Sandman.

I saw Halloween one afternoon when I was a kid. It was the first time I remember feeling so creeped out that I was looking over my shoulder in broad daylight.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Didn’t the 1990 blockbuster Spaced Invaders take place during Halloween? What a hoot!

All three Evil Dead’s.

I keep meaning to watch Zombeaver, but always find myself doing more important things, such as living...
  • Tony M
    Options
    The original Halloween movie is highly creepy too. ;)
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    "Jeepers Creepers", both 1 and 2.
    Sal Palooza
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    "Jeepers Creepers", both 1 and 2.
    I recently saw the first one and it was great...weird on a couple of levels.

• Tony M
    Options
    Wrong Turn is one heck of a creepy ride too.

DO NOT GET LOST in the mountains...
  • mrbiron
    Options
    I’ll tell you what. The one movie that still, to this day, goes uncontested as the scariest cinematic performance of my youth would be the Miracle of Birth. I then saw two live performances of it again in the recent years.

Scarred for life!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    edited October 2020
    Options
    This one freaked me the **** out when I was a kid and gave me nightmares: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »

I completely agree, and may I add the Cat in the Hat as a close second or tied with the Grinch.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    The last horror film that really bothered me was As Above So Below.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    The newest "horror" movie that I saw that I really enjoyed was The Descent. I thought it was really well done. The sequel... not so much. But the first one sort of had a Deliverance vibe to it, in the sense that it starts out as an adventure movie and then suddenly takes a turn. It's about a group of girls that go on some sort of trip/adventure every year, and this particular year they decide to explore a cave. There are scenes that really do a good job of making you feel claustrophobic.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Not really a Halloween movie but Salem's Lot scared the **** out of me as a kid. I don't know why.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I never cared for horror movies since they were so implausible. Now a good science fiction movie is another story. The Thing, Aliens, and I’m sure others used to really bother me.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    Options
    https://youtu.be/YoB8t0B4jx4
    Found this right when it came out. The best.
  • Tony M
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The last horror film that really bothered me was As Above So Below.

I haven't seen this yet but... :#:#:#

https://youtu.be/apnWe2_q398?t=4