FS: Polk SDA SRS 2 blade/blade

These have been my main speakers for about 15 years and been in the polk family much longer than that.They are stock with the original sda interconnect,with the exception of the upgraded RD0 tweeters. I will include the original sl2000's as well. The speakers are in good condition, especially for their age. I'd call it 7 to 8 on the audiogon scale. I also have a set of Larry's rings that were in my basement that I didn't get a chance to install. There is some discoloration that I can't explain, as the basement is humidity controlled. I have the original feet and spikes as well. I'm asking $750 picked up about an hour west of Chicago. 9jknhsen00yy.jpg
fo7ezeczf8xt.jpg
tbvm0mtu2dm8.jpg
b7l7uxmpgpy5.jpg
quzlv9y5zi6v.jpg
ir38zwod0svv.jpg
83ldd2c3rwwv.jpg
gwoy4chsecb1.jpg
ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables

Comments

• dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 560
    Here are the rings. I'm not sure how they got like that. I assume still usable, but I'll rely on others here if I am mistaken. 9od55uh7ufkr.jpg
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    That will come right off with a green scrubbing pad.
  • dagame27
    Glad to hear. I thought I screwed them up and was kicking myself!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Apply a rust converter and have a better primer, then paint them.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    xschop wrote: »
    Apply a rust converter and have a better primer, then paint them.

Most of that wipes off with a finger(at least in my case).
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    @dagame27 I would buy the rings for my SRS2's if you will sell separately. Let me know! GLWS!
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • dagame27
    I would like to give the buyer first crack, but you are first in line for the rings should they pass.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    What city are you in?
  • dagame27
    I'm in St Charles.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited August 2020
    What state are you in?

Illinois. I see in first post.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • dagame27
    Changing the price to $650. I haven't listed these anywhere else, as I want them to stay in the Polk family.
  • Labor day clearance...and I want a new DAC! $550.
  • Moving to $500 even. If I am off base on valuation here, please let me know.
  • dagame27
    Final decrease to $400 minus the rings for an active club polk member before I move them to the bay....or install them at my dad's house.
  • dagame27
    A friendly bump in case anyone local to the Chicago area is interested. My wife is reminding me they are taking up room in storage, and I do not want to take to Ebay.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Pin/blade or blade/blade? I can't tell by the pics.
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • pitdogg2
    Title states blade/blade
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Cripes, I didn't even notice it, duh...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • dagame27
    I have a cs400 and pair of fx500 as well. I'll include those in my $400 price....wife says "why are these still here!?"
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    That is a sick deal! Stupid good! I guess its all about Location, Location and Location!
  • Feel your pain, Chris.
    Same has happened to me here with same speakers. Think the size is among the things that discourage guys who have a SWMBO at home. I’m deciding between putting in a size/configuration compromised and crowded setting, or move along for a song and hope for some good karma in return. Sigh ...
  • dagame27
    I know! The size was definitely the major factor in them moving out of our family room. I'd put them elsewhere, but this house has small rooms aside from the large family room...the SRS2s just don't work.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Cool. IMO, the best of the SRS series...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut