Which in-walls and in-ceilings to match RTiA series?

Options
Hi all, I'm in the middle of renovating my media room. My current 7.2 speaker setup is 2x RTiA 9s, a CSiA 6, and 4x RTIA 3's for side and rear surrounds. my room is rather narrow and I'd like to switch to in-walls for the side surrounds only, and I would like to find out what the best match is for the rest of my RTiA speakers. During the Reno I will also be upgrading to a 7.2.4 configuration and I'd like a ceiling speaker recommendation as well.

I don't know much about in walls and ceiling speakers, my room is being sound proofed with insulation and a decoupled, double dry walled ceiling. I realize the in wall speakers use the wall and ceiling cavity as their enclosure, but I'm not sure how having insulation in the walls and ceiling affects sound quality? I have no problem making backer boxes but I can't find any info on what size the boxes should be for the speaker to function properly.

Thanks!

Answers

• TopperDude
    Options
    For inwalls that match your RTi A speakers, look at:

- 265-RT
    - 65-RT

Since your using them for surrounds, you should be fine with the cheaper 65-RT. (if you were replacing the front range, i'd recommend stepping up to the 265-RT)