Speaker placement for a Polk newbie

Options
bucfansince96
bucfansince96 Posts: 5
edited October 2020 in Speakers
Tonight, I got what I hope was a killer deal. I got a pair of monitor 60 series 2, a pair of TSx 330t's, a CS2 series 2 center channel and a PSW 110 powered sub. I hope they all sound great together. My questions are, should I use the monitor 60's or the 330t's for the front surround? Also, I'm not bi-amping or bi-wiring either set of towers so do I use the top or bottom sets of positive and negative connectors? Any other advice or ideas on placement or hooking up will be appreciated. I'm upgrading from a Yamaha 5.1 surround with the little cube speakers but still using the Yamaha receiver. Thank you all.
Post edited by bucfansince96 on

Comments

• stevep
    stevep Posts: 328
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Both Towers should have straps between the upper and lower connectors like these when you're not bi-amping or bi-wiring. With the jumpers in place you can use either set of terminals or even wire them kitty-corner. :)

TSx330T
    cfy34dxhb66y.jpeg

M60S2
    w11txx2uubp1.jpg

If you want to use banana connectors the red and black plugs pull out if your still have them.
  • bucfansince96
    Options
    Mine look exactly like that. I have never used banana plugs so i guess i won't start now, as long as performance won't be affected by not using them. Do you have any opinions on which set of towers to use for the front/rear? Should the system I bought sound good together?
  • stevep
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I don't have or heard any of these but I'd start with the Monitor 60's up front with the CS2 and see how you like them.
  • bucfansince96
    Options
    Thank you stevep, I appreciate it.
  • bucfansince96
    Options
    Well, the sub is shot. I need some advice on what sub would go good with the speakers I have.
  • stevep
    Options
    Hard to go wrong with either SVS, HSU Research, or REL.

The PSW 110 and PSW 125 are known for the amp dying due to capacitor failure.
  • bucfansince96
    Options
    The guy I bought it from is supposed to send me some money back. All the other speakers work great with my old yamaha receiver. I still can't complain too much, I've only got about $310 in the 2 sets of towers, the center channel, the now dead sub and the Yamaha receiver. I could use the old Yamaha sub but I want something more substantial.