Polk SDA 2 for sale near me, are they a good deal or worth it?

Hi all. A pair of SDA2 have came up for sale near me. The owner is asking 300, it has the interconnect cables and he says they are in good shape. Also says the crossovers have had work done. Are these a good deal at $300? Or should I hold out for a better model of SDA? currently have a pair of early monitor 10s with peerless tweeter and a technics SA-828 receiver rated at 100wpc.
2ch setup: Polk monitor 10s peerless tweeters, RTA 11T, Technics SA-828, Technics SL-1800MKll

Comments

• gzs2v2w5egps.jpg
    2ch setup: Polk monitor 10s peerless tweeters, RTA 11T, Technics SA-828, Technics SL-1800MKll
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    bullet150 wrote: »
    The owner is asking 300, it has the interconnect cables and he says they are in good shape. Also says the crossovers have had work done. Are these a good deal at $300?

Depends on what was done to the crossovers, and condition of the drivers. The studio versions (like what you have) don't tend to retain the higher value as the wood grain versions. I'd offer $200 personally but not sure values in your area. Check to make sure all the surrounds are in good shape on the drivers and passive radiators and by gently pushing in on the drivers check to make sure they move freely with no scratchiness.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Looks like a pair of the 2B Studio version, well worth the asking price.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited October 2020
    F1nut wrote: »
    Looks like a pair of the 2B Studio version, well worth the asking price.

Totally agree well worth the price with the interconnect cable included they appear in good shape grab em before they are gone.
    keundtdf6rsu.jpg
    725lgkl8by6l.jpg
    I was fortunate enough to get these 2B studios for $200 no interconnect cable guy was wanting $275 but talked him down $75 because the cable was missing. They are sitting Idle until I get the crossovers rebuilt for the TL model. Dont miss out on those.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,226
    edited October 2020