WTB: MIT shotgun S3 speaker cables - 10ft

Options
Hi all.

I’ve been lurking around this forum almost daily for the past year and trying to absorb others’ wisdom and experiences during my journey to find synergy for my LSiM707 speakers.

I think that I found a pretty good combination for my need so I can almost sit back and enjoy what I have without worrying about “How much better can it get?”

There is one last piece that I need to swap out to see if it would make a difference for my 2-channel setup—speaker cables. I’m currently using Blue Jeans Cable 12-gauge cable between Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp to Polk Audio Lsim707 speakers.

I’m really interested in hearing what the MIT Shotgun series speaker cables can do to my signal chain. Why MIT Shotgun S3? Because I’m using a pair of MIT Shotgun S3 cables between my DAC and the integrated amp, I want to see if keeping the speaker cables in the same family will produce an audible difference.

Once again, I am looking for a pair of 8ft-12ft MIT Shotgun S3 (or S1) speaker cables if anyone is thinking about letting theirs go. Thank you in advance!

-Andy

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    I am not selling mine, but you are on the right track. The MIT cables complement each other in an audio system. The S3 speaker cables would be a huge upgrade from the BJC stuff for music, especially in the perception of dimensionality.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Check eBay and US Audio Mart. You will definitely hear the benefit of using MIT speaker cables.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    I like keeping my cables the same brand. I don't think you will be disappointed going with MIT
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • aznwonderboy
    Options
    Thank you all for confirming what I want to do. Emlyn, I’ve actually read your experience with the BJC vs the MIT shotgun that made me focus on MIT instead of other brands (I was also considering the Acoustic Zen Satori line).
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Thank you all for confirming what I want to do. Emlyn, I’ve actually read your experience with the BJC vs the MIT shotgun that made me focus on MIT instead of other brands (I was also considering the Acoustic Zen Satori line).

I remain a fan of BJC cables for home theater use and use their speaker and subwoofer cables still. They are very cost effective, clean, and direct for that. For a dedicated two channel system and music listening there are many good choices.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,910
    Options
    They have become harder and harder to get over the last few years, glad I have what I have...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Joe Abrams of Equus Audio, long time MIT dealer, has an exclusive line of MIT Cables that are very similar to the older Shotgun series.
    https://mitcables.com/support/where-to-buy/equus-audio/
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• aznwonderboy
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Joe Abrams of Equus Audio, long time MIT dealer, has an exclusive line of MIT Cables that are very similar to the older Shotgun series.

Thank you. I will keep this in mind. However, I am hoping to find some used S series cables around the clearance prices a while back (used also means less break-in that I’d have to do).
  • aznwonderboy
    Options
    I’ve been eyeing that listing for a month. My budget is a third of its listed price. It seems like such a severe lowball especially since they are located all the way in Japan so I didn’t want to offend them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,462
    Options
    Yeah, that's expensive for those cables. For that price, I'd expect practically new condition in oe box and packing along with the original Iconn connectors accessory kit and the additional insulating sleeves, which are missing on this set. Even then, they're still expensive, especially considering age and that there have been manufacturing line upgrades since the Shotgun series.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Thank you. I will keep this in mind. However, I am hoping to find some used S series cables around the clearance prices a while back (used also means less break-in that I’d have to do).
    Did you try contacting Joe as recommended above to see if there's anything that might suit your needs? Shotgun S3 or better would work for your speaker cables if you already have S3 ICs. You might even be able to find something more modern with Joe for less than those S3's from Japan on Ebay.
    I disabled signatures.
  • aznwonderboy
    Options
    Did you try contacting Joe as recommended above to see if there's anything that might suit your needs? Shotgun S3 or better would work for your speaker cables if you already have S3 ICs. You might even be able to find something more modern with Joe for less than those S3's from Japan on Ebay.

Not yet. I still have a couple more brands and other cabling tweaks that I want to try while waiting for a pair of MIT Shotgun in my budget to pop up. Once I’m ready for the MIT, then I will reach out to Joe for his guidance.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    Not to mention they are in Tokyo.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    We actually did mention that as a matter of fact.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options