RIP Bob Gibson

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,798
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    RIP. One of the greatest ever.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    First Lou Brock.

Now #45.

As a kid grew up listening to the Cards and Gibson on the radio.
    What a unique, giant of a player and a man he was.

RIP Bob. 😖

Sal Palooza
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,971
    Options
    Too many of my younger years heroes are leaving these days. I recall listening to the 1967 WS from the back seat of my parent's Impala as we drove cross country. My parents were Red Sox fans...I was a Gibson fan.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    As a STL native, Bob Gibson was a hero of mine; Lou Brock as well.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited October 2020
    Options
    WOW RIP Bob Gibson... Certainly one of the all time greats.... He was so dominant in 1 year that they lowered the mound the next season to give the hitters a chance...he had a 1.12 ERA

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/19/sports/baseball/19gibson.html
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Gibson's way on the mound was something else.
    He was not only a pitcher, he was an educator and judge.
    He was intense but if you beat him with a home run then more power to you.
    But if you hot dogged it on your home run trot around the bases then on your next time up at bat Judge Gibson would apply the mustard to your ribs.
    And you better be ready to hit when you stepped up to the plate. You better adjust your jock in the dugout and take your practice swings on deck because when Bob was ready to pitch he was ready to pitch. Need an education on why that mattered to you as a batter ? Prof Gibson would teach the lesson.

Sal Palooza
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited October 2020
    Options
    RIP Gibby! One of the very best! I vividly remember listening to Harry Carey's play-by-play on AM radio during the 1965-67 seasons.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Another Super Hero when I was a young jock. I gave it all up for drugs.