Musical Fidelity A3 intergrated

Options
dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,897
edited February 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Can anyone tell me what the Musical Fidelity A3's are going for on the used market?
Thanks!
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dragon1952
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Man....those seem to hold their value pretty well then if it retailed at $1100 or so. Thanks bud!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    edited January 2005
    Options
    So I'm assuming this would be a decent upgrade over my NAD C320BEE, which I'm not unhappy with by all means. Hmmmm......now who did I buy this from anyway? :confused:
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited January 2005
    Options
    It's nice to see them going for that much. :)

I've had mine for a year and a half and have never questioned the purchase.

If you do get one, play around with some power cords on it.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dragon1952
    edited January 2005
    Options
    Well, I may have just got one for around $620 shipped if it actually pans out. Close to mint, original owner with remote, manual and box. Must be a blue moon. ;)
    We'll see how it turns out.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited January 2005
    Options
    A decent piece of gear, well built and well reviewed. I hope you get that one and find out for yourself. If you don't like it you won't have a problem reselling it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited January 2005
    Options
    A decent piece of gear......

Whew! Thanks 'Nut....I know how brutally honest you can be. I feel better now! :p

Thanks for the info guys ;)

BTW....I just noticed I said 'intergrated' in the title of my thread :o
    Me and keybords havnt been getten along to good latly!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    edited January 2005
    Options
    LOL.....thanks, I think.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited January 2005
    Options
    $600 + $20 shipping + $18 for the money order = $638.
    This was an Audiogon auction from what appears to be a reliable member. Original owner, box, remote, manual, 9/10 condition. Hope it turns out OK. It's a little scary because I was the only bidder and got it for the reserve price. People may have been put off by his low feedback of 9, which equates to 3 transactions, plus the fact that he wanted a money order. I've got his address and phone number and have exchanged several emails, plus he had pictures of it plus some other nice stuff. My gut feeling is that this is very legit, but considering that one just sold for $850 (that was the asking price anyway) makes you go 'Hmmmm!?'
  • dcarlson
    edited January 2005
    Options
    I don't think $600 is far out of line. Good luck man, hope it works out for ya. :)

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dragon1952
    edited February 2005
    Options
    OK...received today. Total turned out to be $623.46 shipped. This amp is in mint condition with all original boxing and accessories... all perfect, receipt from 2/2001 for $899. Seller included an Audio Advisor mag featuring this particular amp. First impressions compared to the NAD C320BEE ......

more detailed, cleaner, better stereo separation, great bass impact!, beautiful build quality...built like a tank!, and great looking. Not as warm sounding but I'm not even close to used to the sound yet and the thing hasn't even warmed up yet. This is definitely a keeper although I may keep the NAD also which is a killer integrated itself. Does it sound over twice as good as the NAD? No way, but I didn't expect it to either. It's got the stock power cord and I will definitely be experimenting there. I think these are a bargain if you can find one for anywhere near this price. To be nitpicky would probably prefer more subdued led's....maybe blue vs the red but that's the only negative so far. ;)
  • dcarlson
    edited February 2005
    Options
    Congrats, I'm glad to here it all worked out. :)

The blue leds came out on the A3.2. ;)

Enjoy.