Been doing a thing...

Options

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Still need to get all of that dialed in but ultimately, the movie poster screen outside of the theater will be using a program called "Movie Poster App" that will cycle through a new movie poster every 60 seconds and will play those movie trailers that are available on the bottom third of the screen.
    Then it will be configured to display the "Now Playing" movie with start/end times while the theater is active.

There will be a second display in the hallway at the entrance to the basement showing the same thing but scrolling different movie posters/trailers.
    It will also include product "ads" just for fun since the hallway is themed like a tunnel to the London Underground.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,604
    Options
    I think your movie poster display screen is bigger than my actual primary TV.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    It’s only a 42” LG.
    The one in the hall is a 32” so smaller than actual movie posters.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Clipdat
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    It’s only a 42” LG.

Yep, I'm using a 37" Vizio :/
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Not laughing at your tv
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ......tv....... small....... :D
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    It’s only a 42” LG.

Yep, I'm using a 37" Vizio :/

I’m pretty sure they haven’t made those for at least 5 years...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • joecoulson
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Not laughing at your tv

I have a big one
  • lightman1
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Not laughing at your tv

I have a big one

Howyoodooin.... ;)
  • txcoastal1
    edited August 2020
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Not laughing at your tv

I have a big one

Howyoodooin.... ;)

@joecoulson ...Russ likes your big one :*

tq7h08wehhp5.gif
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    Options
    What will you be using as your HT processor???
  • joecoulson
    Options
    ^ reported for not joining in on the thread derail
  • txcoastal1
    edited August 2020
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »

It's an underground strip club VIP room, not a theater

• lightman1
    Options

Oi! First rule of underground strip club......
  • ZLTFUL
    Options

Currently running a Marantz AV7702
    Looking to upgrade to an AV8805 most likely as I have to run a separate HDMI cable (2) to the theater as the 7702 can’t pass HDCP2.2 HDR content. The 7702Mkii does but if I am going to upgrade, might as well get the video processing power AND 13.2 capabilities.

The 7703-7705 are only 11.2 capable and with my room width, the wides add quite a bit in reality.

I don’t *mind* having the second HDMI run but ultimately plan on running MadVR on one of my servers for HDR tone mapping via Plex/Kodi DS Player plugin.

And it is a real pain to have to switch inputs on the projector...I mean it is one extra button! 😂

• Clipdat
    Options

You know what they say about guys with small TVs...
  • CH46E
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

You know what they say about guys with small TVs...

They have good eye sight????
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    edited August 2020
    Options

Oi! First rule of underground strip club......

Masks are optional?
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Very nice room.

I showed the room to my wife, told her if we move out of CA we can have a theater room like that.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Did you have to scroll quickly between the phallic references?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    I have a 6 foot by 4 foot bus stop velum poster from "Titanic" that would look great in that space
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I have a 6 foot by 4 foot bus stop velum poster from "Titanic" that would look great in that space

Wow John...that's so BIG!!

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options

That's what my wife says to this very day...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Not laughing at your wife :)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    Options
    Gotta wonder what she's really looking at when she says that...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,079
    Options
    Great work Ryan and Russ!!

vvyet9cigwpj.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    Options

That's what my wife says to this very day...

Must be talking about the 1.2’s
  • CH46E
    Options
    Great work Ryan and Russ!!

vvyet9cigwpj.png

hahahahah I see what you did there!! :p
  • Clipdat
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Are those 15" woofers? I bet they sound good in that snow scene in the TMNT movie! @joecoulson

oexb52rwf48g.png