Nice POLK SDA 2.3TL speakers with all upgrades

I am selling my nice pair of Polk SDA 2.3TL floorstanding speakers. This pair has about $700 in recommended upgrades done. This pair is in very good to excellent shape and everything works as it should . The grills ,side panels and top and bottom caps are in great shape. I also have the original boxes and packing but they are broken down (Not interested in shipping them at 160lbs each) Also includes the original IC cable and owners manual. Based on past experience with SDA speakers I would build a thicker IC cable out of two 12ga wires but did not get around to it. The following well proven upgrades were done.

All drivers are attached with hurricane nuts and Dynamat.
The crossovers have been completely redone with Sonic Caps and Mills resistors.
All 6 tweeters have been replaced with the Polk RDO198 silk domes.

I am asking only $1100 (Club Polk price) for these which is pretty much what one might pay for a pair with no upgrades. Thanks
09dbawi0vn7h.jpg
lgb0ge7ygbfu.jpg
0hfyu0ynojhe.jpg
7jnhj6hgg016.jpg
opxu8pq6bsze.jpg
2zk0pkzam2du.jpg
n1l727h66uby.jpg
rvrocv5n1g2k.jpg
eaafeptvs7c4.jpg
6zor0cnlwn0o.jpg
r1cnmdmbni7h.jpg

Comments

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,165
    Nice speakers. Where are you located?
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Twins cities I believe...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    I’m in Indianapolis. Any chance you could meet me halfway?
    I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Man, that's a screaming good deal....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Bigbang
    edited July 2020
    It’s a great deal. I’m hoping he can cover a little ground and we can meet in the middle. I’ll pay for gas. Buy lunch. 16 hours in a car is rough
  • dagame27
    dagame27 Posts: 560
    Wow...now that's a tempting upgrade to my SRS 2....
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    My wallet would be a lot lighter if you were close to me.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    I need to hold on a minute here and re think
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Like you need to get at least $1,500 out of them?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited July 2020
    Man I'm glad I already got a pair, otherwise I would be losing sleep planning on making a 5 hour trip up north to get these. I will be going through the Twin Cities end of next month with a truck if I have room I'd be willing to pick these up for someone but I'm pretty sure these wont last long. I know a Polkie in the Twin Cities that should jump on these. Teekay calling Teekay 2.3tls in your neck of the woods.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bigbang
    PM sent. Keith. Let me know what I need to do. Thanks -David
  • Bigbang
    I feel like the monkeys at the beginning of 2001. Waiting for the monolith speakers to address my new basement. Thanks Keith!!
  • geppy1
    Big Bang was first so he is in I just had to make sure I was willing to let them go
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Congrats
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • dagame27
    I'm in line if he happens to pass. Bigbang.....my wife is very happy that you beat me to the punch!
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Integra DHC 80.2Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15Analysis Plus Cables
  • geppy1
    Big Bang was first so he is the man . I also have a local guy but I try to do what is right so first come first served.
    Here is the story boys I like to compare things for myself Ever since I worked in the audio bizz in sales and was a product trainer I felt it was the way to be sure. On many sites one can post things like,

Has anyone compared x to y?

Someone will respond I like y.

OK Did you compare it to anything?

No, but I own it.

You are not helping me at all Thanks for nothing. Hence I do it myself. Problem is it requires $$ outlay to bring things in and I am not wealthy so you will see me sell lost of stuff. Granted some has been from a older collector friend who I am helping but mist is mine Bring it in and compare, panic over money, and then something has to give . Some times I change something else and bring things back in (Marantz PM 8004 and 8005 come to mind How many times?)

The good thing about all this comparing is how much I have learned the bad is all the lifting 100/ 160 lb speakers with spikes on in out of position or bending over a rack lifting amps in and out In the end probably all worth it.

I am not a business.Not a dumpster diver or estate sale guy. Just an idiot who cannot make up his mind. As for price I know I priced these about what upper range stock ones sell for but it is the price I posted and I am not upping it despite the job situation. That is just wrong.
    Elsewhere I asked $1200 . The $1100 is a Club Polk thing as I have been on here for 17 years and bought and sold thing with a number of guys over the years.

They are great speakers but something had to go.
  • Bigbang
    Thanks again Keith!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Get some David ;)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Keith is good people
  • Bigbang
    He is. I tried to pay him more but he wouldn't take it. Solid guy. I’ll update in vintage. Thanks guys.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Congratulations! I love mine.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • dagame27
    Congrats! New Glarus beers are a definite bonus!
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Congrats Bigbang. I know I love mine.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Bigbang
    Thank you. I like this setup and may spend a lot of time with it. I love the 2.3tl’s. Now to get rid of the SDA 1C’s and the SDA CRS’s.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    @VSAT88 is looking for CRS speakers.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited August 2020
  • Bigbang
    That is correct. Non-tlable. Blade-Blade. And someone modified the interconnect. Replaced with speakon and did a poor job of it.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Bigbang wrote: »
    Now to get rid of the SDA 1C’s...

NOOO! Keep them close for backups. Okay why am I the only one posting tonight?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus