POLKFEST 2020.....13-15 Nov....less than 90 days away

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
I'm as excited as a puppy with two Peters.

I know some folks don't venture into the meet/greet section. Just throwing it out there.....it's still on. I know Covid-19 is a thing but I think this is a doable thing.

What do you guys think? We are getting to the point of no return.....as folks will need to start making travel plans. If there is a consensus, we could (and I'm not advocating this...but if it would mean greater likelihood in terms of participation) push to the spring.

Again, I'm all about PolkFest....but I want it to be something people feel good/safe about attending and supporting.

Thoughts??
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 366
    Options
    It sounds really fun. I cannot participate due to timing and location and Covid, but I hope you guys have a great time whenever you decide to do it! Hope to see some pictures up here.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'll go on record saying I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable moving it to the Spring for COVID concerns. Not looking for a political or news cycle argument. To me, it hasn't subsided to a level I feel comfortable being in enclosed spaces with too many people from different places all over the Country.

This is the way I feel and I am not looking for any kind of discussion about statistics, media bias or political bias. I have a responsibility to elderly parents and my GF's mom has a compromised immune system. So I can't just think of myself.

The PF's of the past have been fantastic, but I am really rethinking attending in November because of COVID.

H9
    Post edited by heiney9 on
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    I say wait until spring, but not because I give 2 s h i t s about yet another corona virus. The common cold is one, flu A and B are two more, but for this one everyone has to wear a mask!?! Sorry, I refuse to fly wearing a stupid mask that I can't breath in. Ridiculous!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'm kinda in the same boat guys....so, I'm really thinking pushing it to the spring is probably the right thing to do.

While I personally have no qualms about having it in November, the important thing is that people feel good about coming.....for whatever reason.

• TroyD
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I say wait until spring, but not because I give 2 s h i t s about yet another corona virus. The common cold is one, flu A and B are two more, but for this one everyone has to wear a mask!?! Sorry, I refuse to fly wearing a stupid mask that I can't breath in. Ridiculous!!!

If you have a mask on, it's gotta be hard to eat moldy cheese and drink cheap merlot with your mahageny pipe.....
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    I'm also a bit wary about this, although I also think there will be enough doses of ethyl alcohol to kill anything....

Seriously, my 89 y/o mother lives with us. I need to be extra careful not to bring that "thing" home.

On the other hand, nothing says spring will be any different. So I'll play it by ear whatever you decide.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    I should know this by now, but where is it held every year...same place?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,082
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    On the other hand, nothing says spring will be any different. So I'll play it by ear whatever you decide.

True, but we can be pretty sure nothing is going to change between now and the date in November. Spring may be the same, but atleast it's farther out and we can hope it will be different enough to hold another legendary Polk Fest.

Just my .02c

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    I definitely want to go to TroyD's fest but due to a spring wedding postponed to fall, I would have to miss this. I too think by spring we would have a better perspective with current conditions.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • TroyD
    Options
    After a few days of soul searching....I think it's best for ALCON to push until spring. Thinking end of March...beginning of April?
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Bingo
    You can base it on staying away from your regional spring break tourists
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Yea baby....
    Gives me time to hitchhike as well
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yea baby....
    Gives me time to hitchhike as well

Russ will pick you you....if you dare to get in the car :# ...I've seen that movie

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Last time he made ride on the roof, still gots locust wings in my teef...
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    That's what you get for taking off your shoes off in the car. Feets would gag a buzzard off a gut wagon...... :s
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options

Coming from the guy who sleeps in a coffin....
  • TroyD
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You forgot eating moldy cheese, drinking cheap merlot and smoking a mahegany pipe.....

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

No stupid mask though.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    So it’s official! Troy Fest in the Carolina spring . .. .

Better trick out that Nelson Pass pre for the gathering 😎
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12