Audioholics Quick Review of the Polk Legend L800

https://youtu.be/UQ2xevZP3Y8

"The sound staging and imaging is the best I've ever heard"

"The bass is killer.. tuneful and accurate"

Comments

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I would give these speakers another shot in different room with a different amp, but I still don't think I'd end up owning them even if I had the cash.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    Ahhh, 200 watts, the key to all quality playback
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I need to hear them... side by side, in my room, against the 1.2TL's. I was trying to get something off the ground to do that but thanks to that virus we cannot mention because some of you might get triggered, all of that got put on the back burner...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Reported.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzgAnRFI10&feature=emb_rel_end

From Kevin I am with Willie on this, I would take another listen to them.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    My first time in wanting to hear them after that video. Kevin Deal is a superior salesman!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    erniejade wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzgAnRFI10&feature=emb_rel_end

From Kevin I am with Willie on this, I would take another listen to them.

This guy could play George Carlin in a feature film.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I need to hear them... side by side, in my room, against the 1.2TL's. I was trying to get something off the ground to do that but thanks to that virus we cannot mention because some of you might get triggered, all of that got put on the back burner...

Well, I say forge ahead sir. Anyone who gets triggered, point them my way. I'm a big boy, I can take it! 😃

2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    VR3 wrote: »
    Ahhh, 200 watts, the key to all quality playback

Speaking of 200 watts, where has Cathy been? I took a short break and don't pop in here as often, although I do lurk at least once a day.

I don't recall her posting in awhile. I understand if she's moved on, but I hope all is well with her.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I think somebody ruffled her feathers and she flew the coup.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    There has been a few of those.
    Kerry
    Tom
    Skip

And most of all we miss K_M
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    DaveHo wrote: »

Weak birds they are that let stinky birds chase them away! I stay around here and there for the strong birds and crack up at the stinky bird’s! Some great cats here for sure!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926

Weak birds they are that let stinky birds chase them away! I stay around here and there for the strong birds and crack up at the stinky bird’s! Some great cats here for sure!

whoa, extended metaphor, there!
    cool.
    I wasn't an English major -- but I do like words!

I thought you might try to work the "coup" in, too! ;)

• Audioholics FINALLY posted their full review of the L800

https://youtu.be/yCsNrgu1SdU
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    The "I don't want to give them back" statement says a lot. As well as that the speakers are unusual. :)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Short review? Lol
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Good info!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    I have to agree, i found just moving them apart from 4.6ft to 5 ft and sitting 8 feet from them gave a much wider and deeper stage.
    Like he says. i LIKEM allot :)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    joecoulson wrote: »
    There has been a few of those.
    Kerry
    Tom
    Skip

And most of all we miss K_M

//////\\\\\