Timbre match for Atrium speakers?

Options
I messaged Polk CS about this 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back so thought someone here might have input.

I was using some Atrium 6's for Atmos ceiling speakers but moved across the country and sold most of my other speakers (brought the 2 pairs of Atriums with me as they were small/easy to ship/resilient to damage.

I'd like to relegate these to side and rear duty in a 7.1 setup, and was wondering if there was any other polk speakers that could hope to be a timbre match to these to use for my LCRs - but realize that the Atriums use a different tweeter (3/4 aluminum) and different cone materials than others in Polks line up. Any suggestions?

Match with another brand with similar sensitivity and tweeter or try to match with something with polk?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The sides and rears are mostly ambient sound, so timbre matching to the front 3 isn't necessary.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polkmaster69
    Options
    I've read that often - and usually subscribe to it, however am not sure how Atmos changes that discussion overall. Still not a deal breaker I'm sure, but I'd still like to get somewhat close to the LCR if possible. Not the end of the world.
  • F1nut
    Options
    You stated you are going to, "relegate these to side and rear duty in a 7.1 setup", so what does Atmos have to do with anything!?!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polkmaster69
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You stated you are going to, "relegate these to side and rear duty in a 7.1 setup", so what does Atmos have to do with anything!?!

Dolby Atmos isn't just for sending sound to ceiling mounted speakers... see more here:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Home/Frequently-Asked-Questions_Atmos.pdf

• F1nut
    Options
    I lost count of how many times they mention overhead/ceiling.

President of Club Polk