What is the proper crossover frequency for S-60s paired with HTS-12?

soapy
soapy Posts: 3
I have two S-60s and two HTS-12s and was wondering what my crossover frequency should be. Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• soapy
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Topper - you're the best.

Answers

• TopperDude
    TopperDude Posts: 166
    Is this for your HT setup using an AV Receiver?
  • soapy
    Yes it is.

I have a Yamaha RX-V485 5.1AVR with 1x Polk Audio S35 center channel, 2x Polk Audio S15 surrounds, and the 2x S-60 fronts and 2x HTS-12 subs.
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited July 2020
    We’re here to help. To that end, describe the space you’re attempting to fill. It’s as much a component as the electronics & speakers.

Compartmented or Open floor plan? Mine is open to kitchen and hallway

Square and estimated cubic footage of the actual space

Dimensions of the actual space?
    Mine is 21’ W X 8’ H X 15.5’ D

Cathedral ceilings or flat? 8’ 10’ 12’
    Flooring:
    Carpet?
    Tile or hardwood? uncovered or area rugs.
    Mine hardwood w/thick area rug that I wish
    were larger

Walls:
    Glass? Covered W/thick or thin drapery or
    uncovered. Mine thick drapery
    Glass patio door in a facing wall? with or w/out
    drapery

I dislike how saving reformats my post
    Tony😊

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work