Shawn Mullins Soul’s Core Revival

2»

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    Live at the VP was a good show which we attended,, he used to play there every Nov IIRC.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Live at the VP was a good show which we attended,, he used to play there every Nov IIRC.

Yup, we've seen him there too.......

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Just received the Live cd and my preamp back from the shop at the same time. CD was sitting there so it was the 1st thing I popped in to test the peamp repairs. Sounds good to me...looking forward to the Revivals. Don't know much about Mullins, which songs on the CD did he not write?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Pretty sure he wrote all of them.....except of course Sunday Morning Coming Down...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • muncybob
    So I've listened to the live album a few times. I DO like his music. Time to get the original Soul's Core and the Revival. For anybody that has both the cd and record for either...is the extra $$ worth it for the record since it appears the cds are well recorded?
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    Received Revival the other day. Finally got the time to give the electric disc a serious listen. Dang good album! The combination of my preamp repairs, the dram or 2 of bourbon and the fireflies providing a light show made for one of the best listening session that I've had in a while! The bass was tight, the Hammond organ was unmistakable, some pretty good guitar playing and his voice just brought it all together. Looking forward to the acoustic disc tonight.

Sure glad this thread was created for this recording or I'll likely never have heard it....post some more!
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Gonna bump this for those who may have missed it. I’m enjoying the acoustic disc as I type this. I’ve never been a Shawn Mullins fan and honestly I couldn’t have told you anything he sang besides Lullaby, but this disc(s) is awesome. This is a must have!
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • A good bump; I haven't listened to him lately. It is a great disc!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA