Streaming with OPPO BDP-93

Options
The BDP-93 is wonderful for physical media, but the only streaming it supports from the menu is Pandora; not my choice. Parenthetically, I’m using Qobuz now and I can recommend it. Has anyone found a way to stream higher quality audio services with their older OPPO players?
The world is full of answers, some are right and some are wrong. - Neil Young

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    Using BubbleUPnP or mConnect you should be able to render Qobuz, Tidal, etc to the Oppo.
  • dcmeigs
    dcmeigs Posts: 707
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Using BubbleUPnP or mConnect you should be able to render Qobuz, Tidal, etc to the Oppo.

I downloaded the BubbleUPnP app to the android phone. When called upon to select renderer, it sees the firestick and “local renderer”. (The firestick is elusive, it doesn’t reliably see it and I’ve but once been able to connect). I’m wondering if the OPPO 93 is a renderer? Clearly more study required. Can someone explain the “Local Renderer” choice. When selected, I’m getting neither firestick or oppo.
  • dcmeigs
    Options
    In the event anyone other than myself has an interest, I was able to get the OPPO to find the BubbleUPnP app on my android and use it to access the digital music files stored on my phone. I have not been able to get the app to find the OPPO and select it as a renderer. At least that’s where I am today.

Since I can’t select the OPPO from the app, I can’t play Qobuz through the OPPO which was the intent. The OPPO simply sees the files stored on the phone as it would files stored on a thumb drive in the USB port.

• DaveHo
    Options
    Odd, the Oppo is DLNA. Should just show automatically as a renderer.
  • dcmeigs
    Options
    I asked the developer a few questions and got this reply:

“Googling around, it looks like the Oppo BDP-93 has not renderer functionality, thus cannot be remotely controlled
    by BubbleUPnP for playing to it. It seems to have been introduced in BDP-103 player.
    Maybe you can check if its firmware is the latest, in case this functionality was added later, but I would not have high hope.
    This device can access DLNA media servers such as BubbleUPnP, but this is different functionality than being a renderer.”

I do have the latest firmware. And kudos to the developer for following up on my questions.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    Well, there you go. And I learned something new.