Goodbye Sweet's

Lost my 16 yr. old Sweet Pea tonight. Everything was fine with her all day and then stomach bloat hit her at 8:30 tonight and she was gone at 9:15. Damned E-Vet stuck me for 400 bucks for an x-ray and the needle to euthanize her. No more animals for me, they're too hard to lose. Life sucks right now.29pj20x3o2xw.jpg

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    That sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. Pets are family.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    No doubt, that sucks.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    So sorry Charley. Sweet Pea lived a long life, good looking hound dog.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Very sorry to hear that, Charley. Our pets really do become another family member and it hurts like crazy when we can't do anything to help them anymore. She looks like a real Sweet girl. o:)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    At 16 she had a good life. While it hurts, don't let that stop you from getting another dog. Take care.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • CottageChz
    CottageChz Posts: 362
    Sorry to hear. I’m sure you gave her a very good life.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    RIP Pea
    charley96 wrote: »
    No more animals for me, they're too hard to lose. Life sucks right now.

I can empathize with you 100%
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    So sorry. Just went through that 2 weeks ago with our 14 year old Buddy. RIP. Breaks our hearts.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Sorry for your loss. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    So sorry to hear Charlie.
    16yrs damn that was a good life <3o:)
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    "Sweet Pea" one of our wonderful pets was loved and taken care of for 16 years by Charlie and family. No doubt, she returned the love.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Sorry for your loss Charlie. Have 3 buried in my yard myself. Mans best friend has too short of a life span for sure.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    Thanks everyone. We gave her the best life and she wanted for nothing. Girlfriend got her from the pound years ago. She was one day from being put down at shelter because no one wanted her. She was still walking 2 miles a day till the weather got hot.
    She was actually barking and nagging us last night to go for a walk but it was too hot for her. Life can sure change on a dime.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    RIP Pea ............. 16 years is a good run and I'm sure there are lots of good memories
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    So sorry for your loss. Maybe after a grieving time you can consider another best friend....
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    RIP pretty girl. You gave her a life she never would have had and I know she can never be replaced. The pain is unbearable but, after some time consider doing the same again for another companion....and yourself.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Sorry to hear this news, it is a difficult time.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    So very sorry to hear of this :( Our furry buds have way too short a lifespan for sure...and as has already been mentioned when some time has passed perhaps you can save another animal that is close to being put to sleep...
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    When they leave, they leave a large hole in our lives, at least for awhile. That just means that they meant so much while they were here.
    You did well for Sweet Pea and she did well by you.
    Nice.
    Sal Palooza
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is one of the hardest things ever... :'(
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Very sorry for your loss.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 304
    Thank you again everyone. It's been a tough day.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I am so sorry to hear of this.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Very sorry man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Sorry for your loss.
    Randy/Maine
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    May I share something that was very special to me when I lost a true best friend some years back:
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Very sorry for your loss Charley as dogs are some of the best friends we can have.

We're on our 5th dog now and after each one has died we always said no more. However as you can guess we always get another one and we are always glad we did. One of the best ways to get over the loss of a dog is to get another one. We also never forget the ones we had before and the joy of having them.

My wife has instructions that if I go before our present dog she takes him to the casket to let him know I'm gone so he isn't waiting by the window wondering when I'll be back.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Sorry for you loss, sucks

I lost my last pet when I was 16, almost 40 years ago.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music