Nice Rotel RC 1070 preamp in silver with good MM phono stage

Options
Selling a nice Rotel RC 1070 preamp in silver. It is in excellent shape and works as it should. The 1070 is highly regarded as a great bang for the buck preamp with a really excellent MM phono section. Considered one of the better preamps under 1K. Has inputs for CD, Phono,Tuner, Aux and two tape decks with record out selector. There are also two preamp outs and headphone output.. Also has unique 4 position contour control with two bass boost settings, treble boost and bass and treble boost. The unit is in works perfectly and is in overall excellent shape . Includes power cord and copy of the manual . Asking $265 or BO Thanks
cdf53vcyanpx.jpg
ymas3guy0cnb.jpg
bpt8s3gj02wa.jpg
3aa76akjcps3.jpg

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Looking neat and tidy inside:

rc-1070-1b-rotel.jpg
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    I forgot to mention I DO have the remote for this unit.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    PM Sent
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • geppy1
    Options
    This is sold pending payment Thanks
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Payment sent
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Finally got the chance to unpack this thing this evening. Shout out to Keith for the super deal! Arrived packed with loving care. In fact it probably took me 20-30 minutes to unpack it. Dude used enough bubble wrap and tape to gift wrap a nuclear sub... :D

Dragged out my Belles 350 A reference amp to give it a proper audition. Then I hooked up my SDA 1C's via my Wireworld Mini-Eclipse's and let them all warm up. First impressions were that it matched really well with the Belles amp. Very full in it's presentation with great imaging. I tried the contour features to see if added bass or treble was an improvement and decided, at least with the SDA's that I liked the contour features off best.

One of my only gripes with the Belles 350A amp was the apparent thinness in the lower registers when I matched it with my reference Belles 21A pre. This was not an issue with the Rotel. Did it make me want to swap out the 21A for a while? Nope, not even close. But it will make a great second system with the 350A. Can't wait to match them with my Infinity RS4000's I modded and am using in my barn!

Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• geppy1
    Options
    Glad it worked out