Need help to chose a surround speaker

Options
Need your help please. My system is Carver C-4000t preamp and m1.5 amp driving SDA-2s. I want to try out the surround sound feature of the preamp. I have a m0.5 amp for those channels. What speaker would you all recommend. I am a bit space limited for this. I have a pair of Monitor 10s, but they're too big.

Thanks.

Comments

• Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    Options
    Maybe you can find some smaller monitor series speakers or SDA CRS? If you are really looking for something smaller Polks OMW3 might work. Can be ordered in White to really blend in.

Polk OMW3

I have not even looked in to anything beyond 5 channel sound and I am currently only using the front 3 channels in my "HT" set up, but I always thought I would use these to do the extra channels if I ever decide to put a real HT toghther.
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    With SDA speakers you don't need "surround" speakers since the source is 2 channel and therefore no discrete surround information. Assuming you are using the SDA cable if your SDA's aren't giving you a nice wide enveloping sound stage it could be their placement, worn out crossover components and/or that pre-amp. Carver never was known for his pre-amps and yours is loaded with all kinds of unnecessary stuff.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk