Acoustic Research AR9’s

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited June 2020 in Vintage Speakers
Coming back into the fold.....

Closing escrow on these Monday. Minty, one owner and ten minutes from the Rancho de No Concerno. Plus a Velodyne HT sub to go with it.

Man, less than two months and I’ve rectified two of three biggest mistakes I’ve made in audio for a pittance of what it should have cost...I gotta think George Grand is looking out for me.

Sometimes life is not suck
I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Comments

• xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,698
    Options
    Pics....because it's happening. AR9's are hard to find for a reason.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I LOVE the AR9...I owned the 9Lsi's in the mid 80's and regret ever selling them. Congrats man! Who knows, when I retire next year I may begin my quest....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • TroyD
    Options
    Haven’t picked them up yet....pics forthcoming.

Funny thing is, I never thought I’d beat the price I paid for my last pair. I was wrong.

BDT
  • TroyD
    Options
    Well, I apparently spoke too soon....apparently the seller has had a more lucrative offer after we came to terms.

So, we'll see....
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Bummer. He should have honored your original terms.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    When I lived in Germany I owned AR9's, AR58's. AR38'S AR18's. Every body was into Bose 901's and JBl's, I preferred the AR's. After I got out of the service and stayed for 14 years everyone wanted the AR9's and when I decided to move back to the states, I sold my AR9's I hated that decision but they were to big and expensive and would of costed a fortune to ship back. To tell you the truth between my 2.3tls and the AR9's it's hard to pick a favorite Acoustic Research had some great speakers back in thier glory days. I hope you can outbid the other offer cause those 9's are sweet.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)