Any interest in SDA CRS reproduction speaker stands?

Comments

• sounds good to me. I would be in for a set
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    Yes. I’m interested
    I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.
  • Bigbang
    I’m still in for a pair.
  • CompactSDA
    CompactSDA Posts: 47
    I have a reply from a fabricator here in Southern California who says he can make these stands per the spec sheet posted herein which I provided him. How many people are still interested and in what quantities?
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    I am interested depending on price. How much?
  • CompactSDA
    The price may depend on the number of seriously interested parties. Unless you're in Orange County, California/local and willing to pick them up shipping may also be a factor.

I'd like to reply with a ceiling or range. $300/pair max? $150-$250/pair preferred? Plus UPS Ground shipping?
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    yes, I am interested in a pair
  • CompactSDA
    Pricing depends upon quantity, gentlemen. I messaged eight companies and this was the first to respond affirmatively regarding being able to do this small job. PM your buddies and let them know. Let's all get in touch this week such that he can give us the best pricing.

Shane Aziz
    All American Metal Fabrication
    947 N. Parker St.
    Orange CA, 92867
    (714) 202-7423
    contact@aametalfab.com
    http://allamericanmetalfabrication.com/

My name is Paul S. Reference the Polk Audio speaker stand job.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,135
    I would suggest figuring out what shipping will be before committing to construction.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • CompactSDA
    I would suggest figuring out what shipping will be before committing to construction.

I may be picking mine up.

Mr. Aziz has stated shipping will be UPS Ground. One can get a sense from the UPS site based upon weight, size and destination what Ground shipping costs will be.
  • CompactSDA
    To see if they're still interested, I've just messaged the five persons who expressed interest in these stands years ago but haven't posted again since I joined the thread:
    • Dawgfish;
    • akajimmy;
    • drumminman;
    • boston1450; and
    • Dr_Wu.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    I have some. Thanks
    Randy/Maine
  • CompactSDA
    Update:

In addition to boston1450, Dr_Wu has let me know that he has since purchased a pair of CRS+s with original stands.

Hope to hear from the last three members.
  • boston1450
    edited June 2020
    My stands are not original stands. But they do have spikes :) Good luck on your stand mission
    Post edited by boston1450 on
    Randy/Maine
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    ^ Words of wisdom ^
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• boston1450
    CompactSDA welcome to the forum. Hang out for awhile. No disrespect but I removed myself from the list so I dont get all your responding messages. Thank you kindly. Looking forward to positive results for people looking for stands. Randy
    Randy/Maine
  • Bigbang
    I’m still in. Count me in. Shipping to Indiana. 46038.
  • CompactSDA
    @Bigbang
    Bigbang wrote: »
    I’m still in. Count me in. Shipping to Indiana. 46038.

Have you gotten in touch with Mr. Aziz at All American Metal Fabrication to express your interest per my earlier post? If not, please do so. That is the way via which an optimal price might be achieved: His hearing from serious prospective buyers directly.

To be clear: I am not an "agent." I am not handling purchases on anyone else's behalf much less paying for that. This is not a "group buy."

My hope is to purchase a slightly modified, custom-fabricated stand for my FX iA6 center channel. I think it will be sexy to see that standing between two almost matching OEM CRS+ stands. I'm a little annoyed--especially in critical music listening moreso than films--with its current position a few inches off the floor, but it has to be that low because of my 82" DLP set.

My posting here was/is a courtesy to those who, frankly, haven't seemingly done what I've done and made some off-line contacts (despite the passage of a few years . . . I agree with @gudnoyez regarding sh*tt*ng or getting off the pot!): If the price can be reduced by way of all interested parties contacting a fabricator directly in a timely fashion that would be grand. But my intent is to get a stand for myself (only) unless the pricing is outrageous.

It's win-win, however, if you would kindly reach out to Aziz directly instead of just posting herein if you have not done so. Ditto @hytekrednek and @la2vegas.
  • Bigbang
    I will do so. Thank you
  • CompactSDA
    "This is not sexy. It is ahnee-mal." --Serge, Beverly Hills Cop
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited June 2020
    I sold the first pair I built, and built another pair that house my crossovers, I always wanted to build a set having external crossovers, I still have them, I probably should pull them out and give them some exercise.. LOL!! It’s been a couple years..
  • Bigbang
    Great idea. Flawless implementation.
  • boston1450
    Those are beautiful Larry
    Randy/Maine
  • CompactSDA
    "Weekend Update":

Drumminman is also out.

I've heard from a second fabricator who is preparing an estimate for me/us.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    I’m interested for sure...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • CompactSDA
    TroyD wrote: »
    I’m interested for sure...

Howdy, Troy.

Which are you interested in: What Larry is maybe making or just a stand fabricated to the original spec sheet that was posted earlier in this thread?

If the latter, per my earlier post please get in touch with Mr. Aziz at All American Metal Fabrication. Feel free to use my name (Paul S.) and let him know you're interested in a pair of the Polk speaker stands. The more folks seriously interested, the potentially lesser the price he can quote.
  • CompactSDA
    @TroyD et al.: For ready reference . . .
    Bigbang wrote: »
    hlfml83i3g6l.jpeg
    Westmassguy sent me this. Is 6 3/4” right on the top?

And yes, @westmassguy, that 6 3/4" measurement is correct.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Coolio...
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut