Well, this sucks, humbling

2»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    That sucks, Bill. Very disappointing to hear.
    I disabled signatures.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    billbillw wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Reach out to Walter at Underwood Hifi

Walter was the 1st one I contacted. He gave me John Tucker's # and also gave me the bench guy's email. Walter is mainly a distributor. He warned me that John doesn't know how to run a business and doesn't return calls.

Gotcha'
    Walter is always been great with customer service...the man will help you out 24/7...That's a shame about LSA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    So four months later, a few more messages left, and still no call back from John Tucker...guess its a completely lost cause. I've been putting it off, but I guess I'll take the LSA to a local repair guy that comes recommended.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • billbillw
    So I guess it has been about 9 months now...I never did hear back from John Tucker or any of the people that were previously associated with LSA (other than Underwood Wally).

Based on his Facebook page, I think John got married, he and his wife bought a farm up in Tennessee and he is living a simpler life now... Good for him. Might have been nice to give me a quick call back to say that. Whatever...

Anyhow, I finally took the LSA into my local repair guy back in January. Unfortunately, he, like most electronic repair folks, are backed up by about 2 months. Hopefully, I get some news back by this time in March.

In the meanwhile, I got tired of waiting and I decided to try out a fairly inexpensive Class-D amp in its place. I grabbed a used W4S STI-500 the other day and I will be testing it out by this weekend. They seem to hold their value well and have gotten generally very high reviews. Who knows, maybe it will replace the LSA for good or at least I'll have it as a backup for the future.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    Class D is the way of the future -- heck, maybe even the present!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,981
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Class D is the way of the future -- heck, maybe even the present!

Yes indeed! I am extremely pleased with the Parasound ZM 2350 Class D amp. Very musical... Parasound really worked their magic✨
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • billbillw
    LSA is alive again! yyexjmsahses.jpeg
    Enjoyed the Class-D for what it was. A big hybrid AB is still my first choice I think.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited April 2021
    hey hey good to hear! Local repair guy came through in the clutch huh?
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    I wonder how the class D amps compare to the class a amps
  • billbillw
    stangman67 wrote: »
    hey hey good to hear! Local repair guy came through in the clutch huh?

Yes, he was great. He came recommended from Walter Liedermann (Underwood Wally).

• msg
    Bill, which speakers are those? They look interesting. How do you like them?

Congrats on getting the LSA back up! That was a big bummer. That'd have been a bit mildly anxiety inducing. Funny how "just a stereo" can have this sort of profound effect.
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    billbillw wrote: »
    yyexjmsahses.jpeg

Them are some sexy looking toes you have there! Not like the hairy ones we've seen in other threads...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • billbillw
    edited April 2021
    msg wrote: »
    Bill, which speakers are those? They look interesting. How do you like them?

Those are my SS-M9 that I have had for over 10 years now. I've written plenty about them and yes, I love them. I've pretty much said they are never leaving my 2-ch system until I'm either dead, or forced to downsize (move to retirement home or something like that).
  • msg
    Ahhhh, yes, I remember now.
    I disabled signatures.