Monitor 10 series ii tweeter replacement..

Options
I picked up a pair recently and found one dead sl2500 tweeter. Checked with ohm meter. I know the rdo-198 is direct replacement. I am in Canada and not sure of shipping and exchange is worth it. Can an old peerless type tweeter be directly swapped in?

Comments

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,183
    Options
    I don't think so but maybe others will weigh in. We don't really know all the specs for the Peerless tweeters, either Danish made or USA made, or at least I haven't been able to find them and don't have the equipment to measure them. I have seen it said here that the SL1000 was the warranty replacement for the Peerless. The specs for the SL1000 are different from those for the SL2500 and the RDO-198. f1Nut has said that the RDO-198 is better than the Peerless. I haven't had the experience of comparison.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    You cannot use the Peerless, the RD0198 are the ones you want.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk