Things are getting bad here in the Twin Cities

13»

Comments

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 7,119
    Putting a cop in the general population is a death sentence.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,276
    afterburnt wrote: »

If one can dish it, one can take it...
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,738

That’s probably right. I think there will be charges but little if any time served.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 4,192
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I dunno man....are people fair game, up to and including death, if they resist arrest from the police? The fact that the 2nd officer just stood there while he was having his windpipe crushed made it that much worse.

We don't know what the cause of death was yet, so stop spreading speculation as fact. The guy may have had a heart attack for all we know. We also know that he had a decades long rap sheet from Texas and was a parolee for a violent felony with a firearm, so the guy was certainly no saint.

Lets wait for the facts please.
    Yes....his heart exploded because he could not breath because the officer asphyxiated him with his knee, which was pretty clear in the video. Also, where are you pulling the facts of his prior arrest record, which seem relevant to you for some reason relating to his death.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,763
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Murder 1 requires premeditation. It would be tough to prove in court because the prosecution would have to show that the officer woke up that morning with the sole intent to find, and kill, Mr. Floyd.

On the other hand, the officer is definitely no saint.

But that should not be an indictment of all law enforcement officers.

Negligent homicide will most likely be what the officer is ultimately charged with...that or involuntary manslaughter.
    Either way, innocent or guilty, multiple officers have lost their careers, a man is dead and the world in general is a darker place today.
    Surprisingly, a Nashville rookie cop was charged murder 1 in the Daniel Hambrick case last year. Not sure of all of the details but its possible.

Also, yes the world is a darker place.

FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    You do know that the can pretty much "charge" anyone with just about anything?
    I’m thinking you’ve reached the point where people are afraid to open your posts.

I disabled
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 4,276
    You do know that the can pretty much "charge" anyone with just about anything?

You might want to pass that information to Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey. She has never met a cop she didn't like, and in her tenure she hasn't charged one yet. I guess they are all angels in the city of angels.

• charley96charley96 Posts: 123
    I'll do my part to get this shut down. BLM has shown time and time again to be a racist hate group!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,778
    I dunno man....are people fair game, up to and including death, if they resist arrest from the police? The fact that the 2nd officer just stood there while he was having his windpipe crushed made it that much worse.

We don't know what the cause of death was yet, so stop spreading speculation as fact. The guy may have had a heart attack for all we know. We also know that he had a decades long rap sheet from Texas and was a parolee for a violent felony with a firearm, so the guy was certainly no saint.

Lets wait for the facts please.
    Yes....his heart exploded because he could not breath because the officer asphyxiated him with his knee, which was pretty clear in the video. Also, where are you pulling the facts of his prior arrest record, which seem relevant to you for some reason relating to his death.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/george-floyd-family-police-video-death-minneapolis-15298275.php
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 11,303
    Amendment I
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

It is not the right to destroy, or steal personal and public property.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 976
    Let's wait and see what the facts are as we all know from past events like this there may be some facts we don't know about.

I will say is if it's as bad as the video seems to show all of the cops belong in jail for a long time. Especially the one with his knee pressing against Floyd's throat if that caused his death, he should get life. He looked like he was enjoying what he was doing, even my wife thought so.

BTW, I'm pro police. In this day and age I don't know why anyone would want to be a cop as they get second guessed so much. I think part of the problem is that there are many who don't want to be a cop today and they (management) have trouble filling the ranks so they let some things slide that they wouldn't if they weren't having recruiting issues. Two of the cops have had issues in the past numerous times dealing with the public.

I still can't believe the other cops didn't stop that cop from what he was doing.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, B&K 4420 Reference, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,531
    This is starting to remind me of the riots in the 60s. Numerous cities had riots with burning buildings after Martin Luther King Jr was assinated. Hopefully things will calm down, and not spread any further.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    This is starting to remind me of the riots in the 60s. Numerous cities had riots with burning buildings after Martin Luther King Jr was assinated. Hopefully things will calm down, and not spread any further.

Yes it is very bad. They are destroying their own town, makes no sense to me.

The National Guard has been called in, no idea when they will arrive.

They have burned the police station and several other buildings tonight. I hope they can get things under control without more people dying.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Polkitup2Polkitup2 Posts: 1,591
    vmaxer wrote: »

They have burned the police station and several other buildings tonight. I hope they can get things under control without more people dying.

Sure some are local, but most of the residents of that area are not involved in the mayhem. The riots draw people from outside the area who could care less about the trail of destruction they leave.

Very sad for the law abiding local residents who now have nowhere local to shop or fill prescriptions. Many will lose their jobs because their place of employment was burned down or damaged.

edited May 29
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    vmaxer wrote: »

Sure some are local, but most of the residents of that area are not involved in the mayhem. The riots draw people from outside the area who could care less about the trail of destruction they leave.

Very sad for the law abiding local residents who now have nowhere local to shop or fill prescriptions. Many will lose their jobs because their place of employment was burned down or damaged.

I was watching a live feed on Twitter as they took over the police station and several people were interviewed that were local and friends of the victim. Several talked on camera (showing face) not a bit worried of being arrested later. However, some only spoke while the camera was showing the rioting. There are a lot of people involved so you could be right and the majority not be local.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/1266206034260975616

Not sure if the link will work, I was watching from Unicorn Riot Twitter live feed.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Polkitup2Polkitup2 Posts: 1,591
    edited May 29
    I just saw that Target has closed 24 stores in Twin Cities due to protests at some locations last night. How Target has become the "target" for protests I do not understand.

• tonybtonyb Posts: 32,462
    What other facts are people looking for ?

Cops wrongfully used excessive force causing a mans death. Doesn't matter if he had a pre existing condition that may have contributed, the force used didn't match the crime or the perp who was already in handcuffs. Doesn't matter if he was black or white....or red or brown or pink.....wrong is wrong regardless of color, that is equality defined.

Some say blacks are disproportionately arrested or jailed.....could it possibly be they are disproportionately committing the crimes to begin with ? In areas too where they are the majority race ? Here in Chicago we have the same makeup, yet every weekend 30-40-50 people get shot. Is it white boys shootin' up the neighborhoods from the Catholic schools ? Uhh....no. Do kids from the suburbs travel into the city on weekends to shoot people ? UHH....no. So who's doing the shootings and the crimes, what races are involved ? You can look that up yourselves. Whites tend to do white collar crimes....like in politics, it pays better and you don't have to get your hands directly dirty. Doesn't mean there aren't a few here and there whose life ambition is to be a gang banger.

Now, did these cops single this guy out because of his skin color ? Doesn't appear so. They answer a call about forged money. To me it appears these cops have a history of using excessive force, and this case is yet another, only with more dire consequences. They all need to go down, quickly. I think we can all agree on that. Still, the mayor and the police force have a duty, of which they get paid very well to perform, in securing the safety of it's citizens. Abandoning that duty, to me, is surrendering your titles, your pay, your pensions.

Does that give the people a reason to loot and burn and destroy ? No it doesn't. Look at the ones doing that.....is it not "disproportionately" racial ? Crimes are being committed by who ? You can make all the excuses you want to try and justify it, and you'd be dead wrong. You'd be pushing racism/violence as an acceptable means to wield justice, without even giving the system a chance to do just that. We decry those racist white boys in Georgia for killing that guy, saying that they don't get to play judge jury and executioner, yet these riots are doing just that on the other hand....even worse. Suddenly it's ok ??

....and, how exactly is justice served by looting and destroying other peoples property who had zero to do with this incident ? It's just an excuse, we all know it too, not the first rodeo with this behavior. Looters should be shot , those destroying property arrested. That's what police are there for....if they were there.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NotaSuvNotaSuv Posts: 2,883
    My oldest is a firefighter in the Twin cities...last night while waiting for armed response to clear an area around a hydrant was the first time he has ever feared for his life as there were 100's of protestors and a handful of fire and police...3 or 4 of the guys from his station were hit with flying objects from the crowd.....WTF....
    They were shooting at Firefighters in the LA riots.

I disabled
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,763
    edited May 29
    So they arrested CNN reporter Omar Jiminez as he was reporting live. The man was simply doing his job and and even asked the police where they would like his crew to be positioned but they never said anything and arrested him anyway.

If this guy can be arrested for absolutely nothing then......

5ed0e3c32618b96b3f00d6ca?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp
    yaUDtsw7.jpg
    Jimenez has been with the cable news network since 2017, starting with the company’s affiliate service, CNN Newsource in Washington D.C. He covered breaking news for 900 CNN affiliate news stations across the country.

Some of the stories he’s covered included the aftermath of the Notre Dame Cathedral fire, the Las Vegas mass shooting, and the 2017 hurricanes that battered Florida and Texas.

Before working for CNN, Jimenez as a multimedia journalist at WGEM in Quincy, Illinois, and worked as a reporter and fill-in anchor at WBAL-TV in Baltimore.

He was also an intern for NBC News, working from the network’s Chicago bureau.

He graduated from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.

Jimenez was born in Worchester, Massachusetts, but grew up outside of Atlanta, attending Kennesaw Mountain High School.

YET, THE KILLER COPS STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ARRESTED!!!

Also, the fool in the White House pours gas on the fire of whats going on with his tweets. Totally unpresidential and totally not whats needed right now during these times of unrest.

UNBELIEVABLE!
    Post edited by WLDock on
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
    Yeah, sure, that makes about as much sense as anything else these days.

I disabled
  • AlmaGarciaAlmaGarcia Posts: 46
    WLDock wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    All lives matter....not just the black ones. Let's not turn this horrible event into something it isn't.
    Hold on a sec....

A subject like this is going to have folks that disagree. However, if both side are listening then that is the definition of a conversation. Because a guy posts "Black Lives Matter" his post gets deleted from the Clubhouse forum?

Saying that "Black Lives Matter" is in no way shape or form saying that ONLY Black lives matter. Here is a quote from someone that better explains what it means:
    As Columbia Law Professor Kimberle Crenshaw explains, saying black lives matter “is simply aspirational;” it's a rallying cry for a shift in statistical numbers that show that people who are black are twice as likely to be killed by a police officer while unarmed, compared to a white individual. According to a 2015 study, African-Americans died at the hands of police at a rate of 7.2 per million, while whites were killed at a rate of 2.9 per million.
    https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/politics/a27075028/black-lives-matter-explained/

That whole movement started because many feel like blacks never were nor are currently included in the "All" or "ALL Lives Matter." Blacks want to be included!

This sad incident was purely a mad rogue cop and four accomplices that set out to kill a black man. Had actual police work, energy, and force been used to either investigate and release, or write a citation, or arrest, transport, and book at the station we would not be having this conversation. Another unnecessary fatality of harmless black man is as bad as it gets.

However, imagine racial event after event in ones daily life throughout your whole life. Its frustrating, maddening, and draining. Imagine having to daily deal with sugar honey iced tea confrontations like this all because of the color of your skin:
    https://nypost.com/2020/05/28/minneapolis-man-loses-lease-after-questioning-black-tenants/
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/oklahoma-delivery-man-blocked-homeowner-group-president-thinks-it-was-n1207221

People just want to live a normal life and would prefer to have equal rights , opportunity, and treatment in this big melting pop we call America. We have to teach our children to be better or nothing will change. Change comes through conversation. People have to talk and respect each other.

I was happy to see people of all colors protesting but when it turns into a riot, violence, looting then the point can get lost. Nevertheless, change does not come easy.

To clarify his post was not removed because he wrote "Black Lives Matter" but because he was spamming it all over the forum and attaching an unflattering image of Marshawn Lynch below his message. Which I took as obviously mocking the movement and trolling.
    *Polk employee; formerly known as CassidyStains and Meganpolkaudio

This is actually my main account, feel free to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the forum.
  • AlmaGarciaAlmaGarcia Posts: 46
    Moving forward non-audio related threads/posts will be deleted period.

Despite giving the community multiple opportunities to behave and have a civilized conversations it just doesn't seem to be the case. Things quickly turn for the worst and I don't have the bandwidth nor the will to babysit grown adults.

This is an audio forum, if you want to talk about speakers, subs, amps, streaming services, analog, etc. by all means feel free. But we will no longer allow this type of "chatter" here, there are plenty of forums like Reddit or 4Chan to do so.
    *Polk employee; formerly known as CassidyStains and Meganpolkaudio

This is actually my main account, feel free to reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the forum.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!