Upgrade - 706c Center Channel

Options
alchin
alchin Posts: 1
Presently using RT55 (Left and Right) and CS300 center , Polk MicroDSW 3000 MicroPro subwoofer and Denon AVR 790. Have been using for mostly for TV and movies in a 13x17 room. Generally pretty happy with it other than dialog not also sounding clear.
Just got new TV and so am thinking about new receiver. While thinking about new receiver - started wondering about speakers especially with the sunsetting prices of the LSIMs...would I hear a difference if I purchase the 706C Center channel. Would they do ok with the RT55s? or would I also need to get the 703s? or 705s? The 707s seem like they would be too big and would be pushing it with my wife :).

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I'd focus on getting a new receiver that has pre-outs, and then go with a dedicated three channel amp for your front stage.

Leave the speakers as is. You might be surprised at how good they sound with a proper amplifier powering them.
  • Brett H
    Brett H Posts: 9
    Options
    Only other thing is that it might be time to check/re-glue the rubber surrounds on your mid-size woofers. The 55’s and cs300 are a wonderful combo but a bit of TLC after all these years may be in order. Completely agree with Clipdat... you won’t know yourself once you get a dedicated amp running your front-stage!