Front/rear speaker recommendation

Options
Trance
Trance Posts: 3
Hello,

I own a Onkyo TX SR444 and connected to it are T30 and TSx 110B. I am looking for a rear speaker or front floor standing speakers. I had in mind the RTIA5 for the front or for the rear FXiA6. If I opt for the RTIA5 then I could use the TSx 110B as the rear.

Since the FXiA6 is a Bipole Surround Loudspeaker, can it be used as a rear speaker?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    The FXiA6 is designed to be a rear speaker. I have had them in my HT forever and probably will never swap them out. Also, experiment alot with placement, especially the height, depending on your room before mounting them on the back or side walls. For the fronts, the A5s A3s or A1s will all work. Go with your preference.....if you dont want to mess with stands, go with the A5s. Whatever you decide, go with the larger center unless you must use the smaller center channel due space issues. Probably too much info but enjoy!
  • ArsenalFC
    ArsenalFC Posts: 50
    Options
    Kevhed has some good advice based on my journey as well. FXiA6 is where i'd like to end up with my surrounds. I went with some RTI A7s for my fronts, but since I've upgraded my sub I think that the A5s would have been a better balance of cost and performance.

The larger center has made a huge difference for me.