SDA SRS2 question

geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
I have owned SDA 1 1C, 2A and 2B but not SRS 2s I have heard it said they can be heavy sounding for lack of a better term. Anybody have experience with them compared to other SDAs? Thanks

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    well there are two versions. First version is based off the SDA1b. It has all MW6509 drivers and is blade/blade interconnect cable

Second version is based off the SDA1c. It uses MW6510 and MW6511 it has the pin blade cable. I believe this one is the more desirable version.

I've never heard either described as thick sounding.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    I've heard the SRS 2's.....they are pretty rare, actually and truth be told probably my favorite SDA speaker. They have the SL2000 stock so the RDO upgrade is a no brainer but if you can bag a pair....do it.

Just my .02

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    I loved mine. I had Larry's rings on them and upgraded tweeters and that was about all I needed.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • geppy1
    This is the earlier version but that is not a big deal I think the reason people might say heavy is because of the 15 inch but who knows Might be worth trying if I can get them at the right price Not sure they would replace my Mirage OM5s but would be fun
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I have the earlier version, blade-blade. I'm now on my second pr.. Both had the old tweeters replaced with the RD-0194's. ;)

They have been in the top 5 speaker pairs I've ever heard.
    AND I've heard A LOT!
    I think the sound is FULL-RANGE and balanced too. B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    geppy1 wrote: »
    This is the earlier version but that is not a big deal I think the reason people might say heavy is because of the 15 inch but who knows Might be worth trying if I can get them at the right price Not sure they would replace my Mirage OM5s but would be fun

Its gonna be hard to beat those OM-5's..
    I have a set also. Really love the way they sound.
    They have incredible bass too..!
  • geppy1
    There in lies the problem