distorted sound when I turn on the sub-woofer

Options
gc2ev
gc2ev Posts: 5
edited May 2020 in Customer Service
I have a PSW505 that was working ok until feew weeks ago..... when I turn on a bad sound start coming out with out any input, the red light start flashing.... I have the sub-woofer maybe 2.5 years ago so what can be the problem? it is cover by the warranty?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    The plate amp has failed. You should call Polk about service, but I can tell you the plate amps are back ordered.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gc2ev
    Options
    THERE IS ANY COMPONENT THAT I CAN REPLACE TO FIX IT?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,313
    Options
    Typically, unless it is a fuse? The whole plate amp is replaced.

It is also most likely outside of the warranty period as well. FWIW.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gc2ev
    Options
    are you serious? why is out of warranty? there is maybe a cap that need to be replace....... so what is the solution here? buy anew one????? Really!!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    The amplifier comes with a three year warranty, send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com for assistance.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,313
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Calm down man. We are trying to help you out.

"Polk Audio issues its manufacturer's warranty extending to 2 years for electronic products and 5 years for passive Loudspeakers through an authorized dealer."

Yes, really.

[EDIT-] But it turns out that yours comes with a 3 year warranty as expressed by Ken.

Even under warranty, the entire plate amp is usually replaced. That's pretty normal across the board.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • gc2ev
    Options
    sorry guys ... but is is frustration here that I cant use my system... if there is a part I can replace to fix it let me know I have a have a very good friend that works with electronics and he CAN FIX ANYTHING... thrust me here....
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    Well, you can use your system without a sub.

If your friend can fix anything then he should be able to figure out what the issue may be, but that would definitely void any warranty, so contact Polk first.

I really don't think you want us to thrust you.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gc2ev
    Options
    ok i be call tomorrow to see what type of respond i get... thanks all...
    \
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    Is this where Mark posts a picture of Panasonic Thrusters? :p