Anyone Have RT5000 series spare 'stuff'?

Options
Hi,

I still run a complete RT5000 setup with an extra set of sats for rear surrounds. I don't foresee changing these speakers out for the foreseeable future, so might have some interest in spares collected by other packrats who might have moved to other speakers. I've collected a spare amp or two for the RT3000p subs, a couple sub drivers, and a set of tweets and mids. I've also gone to an acoustically transparent screen in my HT, and might play with a third RT3000p as a center speaker to replace my CS1000p.

Please check your closets! I'm in the ATL area, BTW.
My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
Polk LSiM 707 L-C-R, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 705 rears
Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
Denon X3700H
Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
Panasonic UB-420 4k player
HD-A35 HD DVD
Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
JVC DLA-RS2000/NX7 projector
Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    Options
    I have some parts.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Welcome back stranger ;)
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    Options
    Nothing to spare but I was thinking it would be cool to use a 3000 lower as a "powered speaker stand" for the 1000.
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    You mean something like this?
    8r3jgnat4x11.png
    k5bkzr47s6yn.png

I still have a lot of stuff like extra amps and tops ( seen upside-down, [Thanks Trey ;) ] in that set up) but I've taken them out of the set-up so I could put art on top instead. And I bought an extra center last summer too.

I've longed for the BIG surrounds but still only have the smaller ones.

My artful glass Bonsai's. They're still there on the RT3000Ps ;) ;
    boiypko3d1h4.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 817
    Options
    Hi gents. I see everyone is bored enough to go through old posts... :[)

And thanks pittdogg2. I still lurk around, but haven't posted much lately.

My setup is a RT5000 with an extra set of RT3000p sats/uppers for the rear surrounds. I use a CS1000p as the center, but have considered trying out another RT3000p sub & sat unit for the center. Maybe more of a point source, and perhaps a little better sound? My HT has a acoustically transparent screen, so the speakers are behind the screen and hidden from view.
    Interested in a good amp for the sub unit, as a spare. I have a couple that need re-capping, but a 'good spare' might be nice to have. I've seen the ads for re-furb services for around $150 (if memory serves) so that would impact price I could pay, of course. If you have some stuff near ATL, please PM me.

Thanks gents, and stay healthy!
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    HD-A35 HD DVD
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Reach out to Ed @ESavinon he has stuff.
  • trentbreeding
    Options
    Looking for RT3000P powered subwoofer
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Options
    Which tweeters do these use?
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • rtart
    Options
    Resurrecting an older thread with an update. I scored a new, never-installed amp from an electronics refurb shop that was apparently selling off some old inventory. The foam gaskets did not even have holes in them from ever being installed. So, I guess patience pays off....
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    HD-A35 HD DVD
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    Good for you! That's one of the reasons I sold off my RT5000 set. I got sick of repairing the amps, passive crossovers, replacing tweeters, etc..... and I'm a DIY Elect tech. Enjoy them, the midbass from the towers I do miss however.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • rtart
    Options
    I've been really lucky. In the almost 20 years I've owned the current system, I've only had a single amp failure, and replaced a mid-woofer. I had spares for each, so it was pretty painless. But, I know its coming.....
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    HD-A35 HD DVD
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    Resurrecting an older thread. A friend has two of the RT3000p with dead amps. Is there a preferred solution for replacing the amps since they are semi-unobtanium now?
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    @engie490 Depending on what's wrong with them.

You could replace the filter caps (90% of the time this is the issue)
    You could send them to the Ebay guy (great work, he does)
    You could fit new plate amps to them
    You could run them passive with an external amp like a Crown and an LPF.

I personally would repair them. I have a brand new spare amp incase one of my two die, it's worth the hassle honestly.
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    @engie490 Depending on what's wrong with them.

You could replace the filter caps (90% of the time this is the issue)
    You could send them to the Ebay guy (great work, he does)
    You could fit new plate amps to them
    You could run them passive with an external amp like a Crown and an LPF.

I personally would repair them. I have a brand new spare amp incase one of my two die, it's worth the hassle honestly.

who is the ebay guy? I had to give away a pair of RT1000i due to a bad amp... I have a PSW650 with a weird amp issue with no auto sensing.
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • rtart
    Options
    I'm the Op. Happy to see there are those who still lurk around.

Still running my RT5000 + 2 setup, and might be interested in a RT3000p unit to replace my CS1000p center. And, of course spares if someone has moved past the Rt5000 system. I'm in Atlanta, BTW.
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Emotiva XPA11 Gen 3
    HD-A35 HD DVD
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    @rtart What's your full system like? I'm kinda curious...

Also if you go for an RT3000p unit as a center, don't run it with the subwoofer. Just get the tweeter to ear level and cross is at 80Hz. I tried one of my sats as a center and used my RTi70 as my towers for fun and wow! It definitely sounds amazing, but the subwoofers are too explosive for producing male vocals and such.
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    @polkguy1994 I would steer FAR from those RT3000p on Ebay.

4d6fvzzx1a81.png

This is water damage. Whether it's humidity, flood, spill, that's very clear water damage and I would not touch those with a 10-foot pole.
  • polkguy1994
    Options
    Yes I see that, I seen another pair on a Craigslist in California for around 995.00. I already own two sets of these so I am not in the market for this model myself.
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I'd eventually love to own 8 of em and a CS1000p, I feel like that'd be my end game theater. It's more doable than the SRT.

9 channel with all RT3000p must be nuts.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,054
    Options
    9 RT3000P towers would be nuts from a subwoofer management perspective! You've got a CS1000P coming right?

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    I do indeed have a CS1000p coming.

Right now I really just want to get some more RT35, two pairs to be exact.

I just made a post on the WTB class field for some, but I found two pairs I might be able to score if I play my cards right, which would essentially complete my ground level surround setup.

Currently just want RT3000p fronts, CS1000p center, and then RT35 for wide, side, and rear, with RT25 for front, center, rear height.
  • polkguy1994
    Options
    That 9.1 channel set up running RT3000 would be crazy. I also have the complete RT5000 set, two extra pairs of RT3000 and a second set, (New in box) FX1000 bipolar/dipolar. I am playing with a bed room set up. I am using a B&K Component AVR 507, simple and pretty good power for the room size, still playing with which sub to use as a main, PSW1000 dual 10” or a JL Audio Fathom F113V2 13.5 Inch Powered Subwoofer. I am going to play around with swapping out different speakers to maximize the room to power ratio.
    I am looking for SRT Rears, seeking any information on the SRT history details to learn about this product!jjdas75rryoz.jpegw0n3asrf6chn.jpeg
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    That 9.1 channel set up running RT3000 would be crazy. I also have the complete RT5000 set, two extra pairs of RT3000 and a second set, (New in box) FX1000 bipolar/dipolar. I am playing with a bed room set up. I am using a B&K Component AVR 507, simple and pretty good power for the room size, still playing with which sub to use as a main, PSW1000 dual 10” or a JL Audio Fathom F113V2 13.5 Inch Powered Subwoofer. I am going to play around with swapping out different speakers to maximize the room to power ratio.

Definitely would be nuts. Imagine 9 channel with each speaker being a full RT3000p set to full range and crossed at 80Hz, and then the height speakers are 6 RT55s, with 4 PSW1200s as the LFE in each corner of the room.

We're talking a whole movie theater lol. Love coming up with these theoretical systems, it's always good fun.

How's the PSW1000? Wasn't that the one which was recalled for catching fire, or was that not actually widespread?
  • polkguy1994
    polkguy1994 Posts: 54
    edited July 2023
    Options
    That is a whole lot of RT3000p laid out in that Hoe Theater Design, a lot of room requirements on that one, I am also playing with a HT design room, as of now it is all in my head and I have been a massing hardware for my ultimate HT, it will involve Rotel separates, a good processor and a lot of other dreamed up ideas. That PSW1000 is now powered by an 1100 watt amplifier, based on the stock amp issues there use to be a guy who purchased the boxes, subs without the amps from Polk, it hits nice. I have a single pair of RT55 and two of those PSW1200, however I have not connected those yet, i use to run the RT55 with RT2000p. I kind of have a lot of Polk to work with and I am still planning both set ups.

05lzwckdttvm.jpeg
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    That is a whole lot of RT3000p laid out in that Hoe Theater Design, a lot of room requirements on that one, I am also playing with a HT design room, as of now it is all in my head and I have been a massing hardware for my ultimate HT, it will involve Rotel separates, a good processor and a lot of other dreamed up ideas. That PSW1000 is now powered by an 1100 watt amplifier, based on the stock amp issues there use to be a guy who purchased the boxes, subs without the amps from Polk, it hits nice. I have a single pair of RT55 and two of those PSW1200, however I have not connected those yet, i use to run the RT55 with RT2000p. I kind of have a lot of Polk to work with and I am still planning both set ups.

05lzwckdttvm.jpeg

Right now I have 3 center channels, 4 pairs of towers, 2 pairs of bookshelves, and a subwoofer. I could create a 9 channel floor config with 4 height speakers and dual centers if I wanted lol. 9.3.4 would be nuts.

Right now I really just want to work on my 9.4.6 system which is going to be all matching.
  • polkguy1994
    polkguy1994 Posts: 54
    edited July 2023
    Options
    What components are you using? What Polk Audio speaker series have you aquired? I am considering the purchase of one more; 2 channel Amplifier to run the two front/rear channel speakers on individual amplifiers and the rest of the system will be running off a five channel amplifier all managed by a great processor. The Home Theater area I am planning is going to have two fronts uppers/sub lowers, two rear identical uppers/sub lower, two Center channels (upper/lower), two pair of Bipolar/Dipolar (rear/side) and two closed subs front right/rear left. The processor I have runs ten channels and will manage this set up with a couple of controllers. I am looking for a pair of these rears pictured below, like finding a unicorn. The bedroom set up is not mentioned in this set up. I am certain of the fronts and rear towers I will be using, not quite sure of the center combination yet, I have a few center channels to mix up together and see what it creates, I am pretty certain of the bi/dipolars but have a few options on those as well. I am certain of the two front and rear subs, but might add two more for a four corner room set up.

Fronts (left/right) 2 channel amp with self powered tower subs
    Rears (left/right) 2 channel amp with self powered tower subs

The following off a 5 channel amp

Center Channel x 2
    Bipolar rear walls
    Dipolar side walls

Independent subwoofer placement

Subwoofer front right side
    Subwoofer rear left side

qfqfq3c028hi.jpeg
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    @polkguy1994 will need to upgrade my 7.2 AVR to a 15.4 one, but right now I have:

RT600i, RT800, RTi70, RT3000p, RT35, M5JR+, CS245i, CS400i, PSW350, with a CS1000p on the way.

I'm trying to buy more RT35s at the moment tho.
  • polkguy1994
    Options
    I see you have the beginning of the usual Polk museum, those are nice speakers you have put together, are they all for a theater or is there a music two way system planned out too?