SDA spacing specs please??

Options
Save me some time please.... what are the ideal spacing specs for SDA SRS 2.3tl speaks from the side walls and the rear wall? Thank you much. I am trying to avoid hunting my manual, and my memory is really bad.

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Three feet off the side walls. The rear wall seems to vary based on the room, but I believe 4-6 inches is usually a good range. They should also be at least 6 feet apart. Maybe 8 feet would be ideal. I have seen them 10 feet apart, but I have never had a room that wide for my 2.3TLs, so I can't comment on sound quality that far apart.
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    Options
    Thank you very much. I am 5'' off the back wall, and 12'' off the side walls. Due to room size and entertainment center size, this is the best I can do. It sounds great as is, just wish my room was bigger. I was mainly asking hoping that I could move them closer to the walls, but it sounds like I am already pushing it spacing wise.
    Thanks for the help. I am open to advise/suggestions.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Thank you very much. I am 5'' off the back wall, and 12'' off the side walls. Due to room size and entertainment center size, this is the best I can do. It sounds great as is, just wish my room was bigger. I was mainly asking hoping that I could move them closer to the walls, but it sounds like I am already pushing it spacing wise.
    Thanks for the help. I am open to advise/suggestions.

I have had mine about that far from the side walls in less than ideal rooms, and yes, they still sounded great. Just not as great.

I think the original manual suggested putting them as close to the wall as possible. Some people prefer theirs 8 inches away from the back wall as opposed to 4 or 6 inches. Ultimately it is a question of what sounds best to you in your room.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Mine are 3 1/8 " off the back wall, 5' from any side walls and 7' apart
  • hytekrednek
    hytekrednek Posts: 125
    Options
    thanks guys. Very helpful info
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Another spacing detail you may want to consider if your electronics are between your speakers (mine are) is try not to have the electronics extend beyond the front of the speakers.