Golden Ear BRX

Options
joecoulson
joecoulson Posts: 4,943
I was wondering if any of you fine scholars and maybe some of you ruffians have heard a set of these and if so, thoughts?

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    I'd be curious to know those are near field monitors correct? There is a pair of Golden Ear Aon 3 in my neck of the woods I was curious about priced pretty good. I can tell you the big pair of Golden Ears I heard last year at Apoxona were terrible I couldn't get out of the room fast enough.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I can tell you the big pair of Golden Ears I heard last year at Apoxona were terrible I couldn't get out of the room fast enough.

THIS.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    Definitive and golden ear, imo are movies and gaming speakers first
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    I thought it was just me. Every pair I've ever heard were bright and I couldn't get them turned off fast enough. I don't even know the model numbers, but I've heard two pair so far in different settings.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I'd be curious to know those are near field monitors correct? There is a pair of Golden Ear Aon 3 in my neck of the woods I was curious about priced pretty good. I can tell you the big pair of Golden Ears I heard last year at Apoxona were terrible I couldn't get out of the room fast enough.

I’ve also heard Golden Ear on a number of occasions at different locations and haven’t been impressed. The set-up at Axpona was brutal.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics