Georgia on my mind

Options
NotaSuv
NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
Well let's see what the next 2-3 weeks brings to GA.......prayers in advance for what WILL be an awful month of May there.................

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    I'm typically an optimist but something tells me this is not a good idea.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    Options
    Thankfully here in Georgia I live way out in the country away from very many people. And still working.

Guessing you are referring to what our Governor is doing opening things back up?
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    Guessing you are referring to what our Governor is doing opening things back up?
    Yes
    Hard to believe after reading their graphs...but then again he did say he expected some extra cases due to opening all up....smhid
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Waiting for the W shaped economic recovery in Georgia. We personally will not be returning to normal until June at least.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    Thankfully here in Georgia I live way out in the country away from very many people. And still working.

Wheres you be in GA roughly? Blue Ridge?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited April 2020
    Options
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I have family in Newnan, GA. I hope it goes well
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    I can't wait to get a Tattoo!!
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Can you get a tattoo at a bowling alley in GA?

Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited April 2020
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »

I live on Clarks-Hill lake on the GA, SC boarder. Due east of Athens. I can get on my boat and be in SC in around 20 minutes.

--Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    Can you get a tattoo at a bowling alley in GA?

YES and a hair cut as well... at The Savanna Tats,Bowl and Hair center
  • joecoulson
    Options
    halo71 wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »

I live on Clarks-Hill lake on the GA, SC boarder. Due east of Athens. I can get on my boat and be in SC in around 20 minutes.

Hartwell is nice. Although hard to navigate for a newbie.

We are members of a boat club and we spent the day on that lake. There was a cool cemetery water locked that we visited.

whbidbd10hfd.jpeg
    63tt4gfhobau.jpeg
    hooba599fzzq.jpeg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Reminds me of ...

https://www.blakeleypark.com/

Lots of history in this port area
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I am wondering when the Bay Area in CA will be opened. We were the first to close down, and the infection rate wasn't as high as feared. Still there are plenty of cases, but hospitals are now starting to retake elective cases.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Well as things have laxed and protest gatherings we may be tested over the next couple of weeks to predetermine the next decision
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I have to be honest here, and normally, I hate these types of discussions as they tend to devolve rather quickly into politics, but I think a premature lax in the quarantines is a pretty dumb move.

In virtually every single case, when restrictions are relaxed, there tends to be a spike in cases.
    News out of China is that most areas that were locked down then re-opened are seeing massive spikes and are going locked down again.

I, as a Libertarian, absolutely hate the lock downs but people in general are stupid and will ignore most, if not all, of the suggestions made by medical professionals.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kevhed72
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    I have family in Newnan, GA. I hope it goes well
    Small world!
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Has anyone in Georgia received their stimulus check....just curious
  • joecoulson