Wish me luck... I'm going in!

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,124
edited April 2020 in The Clubhouse
Shadow Grey LT2... I have two options I am working. One is a pilot build car that was issued a VIN and released into the wild. Perhaps Verb can clarify if a pilot build would have been done before the first official VIN's were released to the public. The second one is a regular production car that the purchaser walked away from due to the virus... One car is a Z51, while the other is not. That is the only difference between them outside of the 18k markup one dealer has on theirs, which I am refusing to pay.... Wish me luck!

e8avtwb7jj3n.jpg
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by nooshinjohn on

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Any pix of the other car?! 🤔
    P.S. Is this going to be like the 21 page Demon thread?! 😜
    Alea jacta est!
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,797
    Options
    Dude, I am so jealous! If it were me, I’d get the Z51, only because I like the wing on the back.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    xsmi wrote: »
    Dude, I am so jealous! If it were me, I’d get the Z51, only because I like the wing on the back.

I may not be getting either at this point if the deal doesn’t make sense... that’s why I need a touch of luck.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,478
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Sharp car. Looks fast :) I've been trying for 3 weeks to buy a new 1ton truck, thinking now is the time to buy. They wont budge as much as I want. I will keep the old one looking at the way prices are.
    Randy/Maine
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Need more money than luck.

Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    Keep an eye out for this. Some are showing up with the wavy stitching. May or may not be a big deal to ya.qf8o2b12sbj7.jpg
  • charley96
    Options
    Maybe look for this also, could be a way of negotiating price down. Long screws coming out of the front fenders where it meets the door. It leaves a pretty nasty chip on the door. gbdtlup5qh25.jpg
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    With that lousy workmanship I wouldn't buy it at all, probably has a piston in the fuel tank.
  • charley96
    Options
    It's just typical first year production issues with a new model roll out. This has always been common with Corvette and other makes. QC will become more attentive as time goes on.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Not ready for prime time?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,701
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    With that lousy workmanship I wouldn't buy it at all, probably has a piston in the fuel tank.

I piston the fuel tank once.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 711
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I read a review about how poorly the body panels and trim fit together....
    Large and uneven gaps .... as well as poor interior workmanship attention to detail ..

I’m sure they will iron out the problems as production goes on .....

But , I’d definitely go over any prospect with a fine tooth comb ..I guess you can’t expect Ferrari quality at Chevy prices ...

It is a beautiful car , tho ....

Bk
    PS Audio S300 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk SuperCharged Songtowers , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Ascend Acoustics ELX Ribbon Towers , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN system

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options

I may not be getting either at this point if the deal doesn’t make sense... that’s why I need a touch of luck.

LOL like we haven't been here before....................lol......Demon...............
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    I think Scotty even talked about the uneven stitching. If they can't get stitching right imagine what other parts are like.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Nuts in the tail pipe.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    John , I think you should wait. Car sales are going to take a hit. You also may be able to work a better deal out of state.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NotaSuv
    Options
    I was going to look at the new Jaguar Vision GT an all-electric with 750 kilowatts of power and 885 lb-ft of torque. maybe in blue.....

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »

LOL like we haven't been here before....................lol......Demon...............

If the deal ain't right, it ain't gonna happen.

• NotaSuv
    Options
  • NotaSuv
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    Options
    //////////\\\\\\\\
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    Options
    I frequently speculate about a new car, especially now, with such low interest rates. I even browse the dealer websites on occasion. There could well be some great deals in a month or so!

In the end, though, the cars that we already possess run perfectly, in spite of their age and mileage, and they don’t cost much to maintain with my excellent independent mechanic who specializes in the brand, so anything new seems unlikely until there’s that one new feature that I just have to have!
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,625
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,090
    Options

I know, right? He's channeling PFB. Maybe we should start a gofundme & get 'im a Boxster!
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,085
    Options
    A Boxster is a better choice. Well designed body and balanced body from front to rear.

I saw a black Z71 with the rear "spoiler" in my neighborhood yesterday and it did not look proportioned correctly. The spoiler looked like an afterthought.

I followed it for about 3 miles including several stop signs and a round-about that allowed me to get a better look and sound check. It was an automatic, and the engine sounded as if it was not tuned correctly.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Well... the two cars I was looking at are both out of the picture. The first they are not budging one dime off the 18k markup, and the other turns out to be a Z51 without the magnetic shocks, which means the car will rattle my spine for the rest of my life. The search continues however.

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,153
    Options
    I knowww. The trade in value they wanted to give me on my Toyota Corolla completely ruined my deal for a Bentley Continental.
  • charley96
    Options
    Have you looked out of state or just locally? Anyone who pays mark up smuck price is a moron or obviously more $$ than brains. Remember when people were paying insane prices for 78 Pace Car"s or 90 ZR-1's?! Or how about when they were paying up for PT Cruiser's?! Can't really blame the dealer, he's gambling some sucker will take it.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I might just get on a list with a dealer in Connecticut... the salesman there has sold nearly 5000 Corvettes in his career.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,625
    Options
    I might just get on a list with a dealer in Connecticut... the salesman there has sold nearly 5000 Corvettes in his career.

Boy that ups bill gonna be a doooozy