Rosso Fiorentino Elba review by Zero Fidelity

Options
2»

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on the High Fi cables?

fwiw, 30% off msrp this weekend . . . No affil

https://www.highfidelitycables.com/

I am running the High Fidelity Cables Revel RCA. They replaced my wireworld eclipse.
    I feel they are more open then the regular eclipse but, the break in period is very long. I believe skip is a dealer for them.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    @Nightfall I am curious to hear your thoughts on them too (Rosso's), I know you have had them for some time, but wonder if you happy with them as I have not seen feedback yet - positive or negative?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I'm a fan for sure. I'm not much of a reviewer but I know what I like when I hear it and these are awesome speakers, especially considering their size. They're about as big as Monitor 4s but they sound like much bigger speakers. Definitely on the dark side, not a great pairing with the also warm B&K, but still sounds good. The best part about them is the tangible depth to the images. Alice in Chains Unplugged sounds incredible. They're not the best at some of the crazier Death Metal and what not, likely given the cabinet and woofer size, but they do admirably even at that.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    That is a great start to a review - thanks J, makes me wonder if the full size Rosso's would do good for electronic and rock?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited February 2020
    Options
    They do good with some of the hip hop and heavier metal I've tried as long as you don't want to seriously crank it. They're better at louder volumes than the Wharfedales I tried by far, just not as good as the larger vintage Polk's I have.

The image depth though is just amazing.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoy Seans Reviews. He must drink at two Red Bulls and a Monster Drink before each session. He can talk nonstop forever it seems :) .
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'm a fan for sure. I'm not much of a reviewer but I know what I like when I hear it and these are awesome speakers, especially considering their size. They're about as big as Monitor 4s but they sound like much bigger speakers. Definitely on the dark side, not a great pairing with the also warm B&K, but still sounds good. The best part about them is the tangible depth to the images. Alice in Chains Unplugged sounds incredible. They're not the best at some of the crazier Death Metal and what not, likely given the cabinet and woofer size, but they do admirably even at that.

I wonder if adding a subwoofer and crossing them over at 70 or 80 would change that opinion.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoy Seans Reviews. He must drink at two Red Bulls and a Monster Drink before each session. He can talk nonstop forever it seems :) .

He's exactly like that on the phone as well. How he is in the videos isn't an act or anything, it's just how he is all the time.
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    edited April 2020
    Options