Oil Drops To Lowest Level in 22 Years! 😳

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Paid $1.01 a gallon for ethanol at Costco yesterday filled both trucks up.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Filled the wife’s car on Friday, used our King Soopers points..

0zqrxvq28u0q.jpeg

I haven't seen that price at the pump since I was 8 years old...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    From one extreme to the other. Back in '08-'09, I filled up my truck for about $140.00 at the height of things. Tank would last me 3 days max. I remember one month, gas was so expensive, I paid more for gas than I did for my mortgage by hundreds of dollars.

Fast forward to today. Cost to fill up is about $54 and the tank will last me most of a week because of working from home more.

Crazy swings.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Kex wrote: »
    They are paying people to take oil away so that they don’t have to shut down wells that would be more costly to reopen.

Any idea where they take it or what they do with it? I hope they’re not contaminating “things”
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited April 2020
    This makes zero sense in the short term IMO. You would hope the Saudi Royal family has a plan in the long term.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Yup! It actually turned negative, down to -$40 at one point.

They are paying people to take oil away so that they don’t have to shut down wells that would be more costly to reopen.

This is only for the May contracts that expire tomorrow. The June contracts are still about $20 (positive 😂).

What??? It cant be that difficult to turn off the supply....righty tighty
    4qpynk9mbim9.jpeg
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199

0zqrxvq28u0q.jpeg

Yeah but did Larry receive a free glass with that fill up ?
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Also a toy dinosaur. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited April 2020

0zqrxvq28u0q.jpeg

Yeah but did Larry receive a free glass with that fill up ?

S&H stamps...

Speaking of S&H green stamps, or what ever they were, I loved this movie! Sugarland express. :) Goldie loaded up on em. :D
    3ahzg2js3bec.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited April 2020
    Oil up in premarket to $.01 per barrel.

Crazy stuff
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811

Crazy stuff

we went past crazy when we started buying our own debt ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    NotaSuv wrote: »

Crazy stuff

Crazy stuff

Amen to that bro.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    ^^^^^Yup....
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    edited April 2020

0zqrxvq28u0q.jpeg

I remember paying 32.9 gal for Super Shell gas for my Z/28 in high school (1968-1969) . With the timing advance I ran on my car it was the only premium gas my motor wouldn't knock on.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • motorhead43026
    edited April 2020

Crazy stuff

The FED Reserve is buying everybody’s debt right now. We don’t buy our own debt, the FED does. We are just on the hook for it to the Central Bank.

But yeah it’s messed up regardless.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited April 2020
    Some explanation in this article about Oil Filling To Capacity
    At the Cushing, Oklahoma, storage facility — a linchpin for delivery for the West Texas intermediate contract — capacity has virtually hit its cap. Reports of the rapidly filling hub had been a key driver of Monday’s oil price breach below zero for the May WTI contract.

“Any holder of a long position going into settlement would then be obligated to take delivery of crude in Cushing during the month of May,” Courvalin said. “This means that an investor long a WTI May contract would be forced to sell out of this position (at any price) before [Tuesday’s] settlement to avoid being stuck having to find room for barrels in the Cushing storage hub which will likely be completely full by then.”

The Cushing facility was about 77% full as of last Friday, and the past two weeks’ worth of builds point to “stock-out by the first week of May,”
    Post edited by Kex on
    Alea jacta est!
  • tonyb
    I think for the first time too, the taxes are more than the actual gasoline.

John, out in Cali the gas could be free and you'd still pay 3 bucks a gallon. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Kex
    Federal and state taxes on gasoline in California are roughly 80¢ per gallon (about 5¢ more than Illinois). Federal taxes are almost 20¢ everywhere. State taxes range from 15¢ to 61¢

Prices here are already under $3 (from the premium brands), and under $2.50 for cash only. It’s even cheaper close to Long Beach (where some of the refineries are).

Fortunately, I normally spend as much on wine in a week as I do on gas in a month!
    Alea jacta est!
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    tonyb wrote: »
    I think for the first time too, the taxes are more than the actual gasoline.

John, out in Cali the gas could be free and you'd still pay 3 bucks a gallon. :)

Pretty much where it's at now.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,307
    Federal and state taxes on gasoline in California are roughly 80¢ per gallon (about 5¢ more than Illinois). Federal taxes are almost 20¢ everywhere. State taxes range from 15¢ to 61¢

Prices here are already under $3 (from the premium brands), and under $2.50 for cash only. It’s even cheaper close to Long Beach (where some of the refineries are).

Fortunately, I normally spend as much on wine in a week as I do on gas in a month!

That’s not quite the whole picture - this is from last year, but I doubt the landscape has changed much...

Funny to see people arguing that CA gas prices are good!

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/16/californias-gas-taxes-total-nearly-1-per-gallon-and-include-a-28-cent-mystery-surcharge/

xi7cg5j088ai.jpeg
    jj7i2nwficru.jpeg
    moyob73i0frc.jpeg
    hfdnfxbt0zcs.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420

Not just California. Oregon and Washington are still really high. Our prices never really go down much but they go up instantly when the market does
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I bought gas for my lawn mower last week, and it wasn’t too bad. I don’t even remember what I paid.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Prices pretty low in south OKC. $.92/gal.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Kex
    This is the current breakdown of the most recent estimated cost of gasoline available from the California Energy Commission (March 30) at $2.95 retail in California:
    • Distribution Costs, Marketing Costs and Profits $1.08
    • Crude Oil Costs $0.56
    • Refinery Cost and Profit $0.57
    • State Underground Storage Tank Fee $0.02
    • State and Local Tax $0.065
    • State Excise Tax $0.473
    • Federal Excise Tax $0.184
    • Retail Price $2.95

So the state tax is actually only 18% of the total cost.
    Alea jacta est!
  • tonyb
    So the state of California actually makes more profit from the sale of gas, than the oil companies.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited April 2020
    So the state of California actually makes more profit from the sale of gas, than the oil companies.

That would be pretty much the case no matter what state.

• tonyb

That would be pretty much the case no matter what state.

I know, just making a point since the oil companies are always getting a bad rep. My state is no different either.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's