Adcom GFA 2535 amplifier question

Options
Hello fello Polkaholics,

I have tried to search for an answer to a situation but have not found an answer. I currently have 2 Adcom GFA 2535 amplifiers. One works fine. I can't turn the other on due to having the outer plastic of the on/off switch missing. Once I get the 2nd amp repaired, can I connect 2 larger speakers to the B channel of each amp to bassicly have one amp (200 WPC in 8 ohms, and 2 smaller speakers to the A channel of each amp to bassicly have 2 amps (60 WPC into 8 ohms). Also, will the B Channels be a problem with any stereo affect and will it be 4 ohm stable? Am I correct to think think that these two amps would basically be the same to having a GFA 555 and two GFA 535?

Thanks

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yes, no, no, no, not really.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Generally when you bridge amps you loose low ohm capability and they will run quite hot if you try and that is why the manufacturers don't recommend it. What are you planning on running in this configuration?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ultrasoudproductions
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Generally when you bridge amps you loose low ohm capability and they will run quite hot if you try and that is why the manufacturers don't recommend it. What are you planning on running in this configuration?

Hello audioluvr,

Thank you for the info. I was looking to power a set of polk rta12b or a set of polk SDA 1C, which I understand require a bit of power at 4 ohms. But I am a realist and don't want to learn from costly mistakes. So your saying to use larger speakers at 8 ohms? I will continue to look for an Adcom 555.