RT3000p

crazyeyes
crazyeyes Posts: 74
Hey guys what would be the best way to hook up RT3000p's for a Music setup. I have a B&K preamp and a Nikko amp. I only have one nice sub cable right now and i am not sure how nice it is. The cable i have is an acoustic research master series subwoofer cable. I am wondering should i buy another one of those cables or should i just sell it and get something nicer. Anyways i am just asking what is the best way for me to hook them up for the best sound.
Post edited by crazyeyes on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2005
    For just music, forget the LFE input on the back of the bottom speakers (subs)
    Run your cables from your amp to the high power imput on base speaker then run a pair of short leads up to the top speaker.

OR (I should have said one way or the other.)

Run your speaker leads to the satelites, and run rca's out of your preamp or receiver to the LINE IN input on the back of the bottom speaker.
    If you go this route don't connect the sub to the satelite.

-Luc
    crazyeyes wrote:
    Hey guys what would be the best way to hook up RT3000p's for a Music setup.
  • crazyeyes
    crazyeyes Posts: 74
    edited December 2005
    This may be a stupid question but when you say RCA cables from the preamp to the line in on the sub, do you mean the single Sub cable i have or normal Left and Right chanel RCA cables. If you mean normal RCA cables where do i go from the preamp for the subs? I have to sub outs but if i use them both for one then i can't hook up the other sub.
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited December 2005
    1. Run speaker wire from the receiver to the lower speaker and run a jumper to the top.

OR

2. There should be an "LFE" rca input and a "line in" rca input in the back of the sub.
    Hook the preamp L&R outputs up to the line in rca input and run the speaker outputs on the receiver to the top satelite speaker. Do not connect the top and bottom speaker together when hooking them up this way.

Go here and and download the manual.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/specs/rt3000p/
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited December 2005
    Yes, you can use a single( RCA) line out of your preamp to the single line in on your sub (red jack) and then just speaker leads to the top speaker from you amp.
    I currently have mine setup this way, so I can biwire the top speaker. I'm using a receiver, so I have a left and right main preout in order to wire it this way.
    crazyeyes wrote:
    This may be a stupid question but when you say RCA cables from the preamp to the line in on the sub, do you mean the single Sub cable i have or normal Left and Right chanel RCA cables. If you mean normal RCA cables where do i go from the preamp for the subs? I have to sub outs but if i use them both for one then i can't hook up the other sub.
  • Looking for Rt3000p powered subwoofer bases