speaker gasket

Options
anyone know of a safe adhesive i could use the attach the loose
foam gaskets back to the speaker frames? I also have some 1/8"
gasket tape i got Parts Express that might work.
ly4a10fupqjb.jpg
SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    I don't think they have to be glued to the basket. Maybe a small piece of painter's tape to hold it in place while you screw the drivers back into the cabinet.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Pick up some Armacell pipe tape from Home Depot. It is better than the gasket tape and compresses to the proper thickness.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    vulcan wrote: »
    anyone know of a safe adhesive i could use the attach the loose
    foam gaskets back to the speaker frames? I also have some 1/8"
    gasket tape i got Parts Express that might work.
    ly4a10fupqjb.jpg

Aleen's Tacky Glue
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vulcan
    vulcan Posts: 86
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I will check out the Armacell tomorrow. The original gasket is kind of falling apart. I think it is time to replace. These are the big 15"passive drones on the Klipsch Forte II, I have to pull them to get the crossover out.gdf7xd5a243z.jpg
    SDA 1C (wood)- Vr3 crossovers/ Gimpod board's, Larry's rings, RDO194 tweeters, Dynamat. Updated terminal cup and binding posts. Custom IC by Vr3 with Neutrik connectors. SDA 2B(studio)- SonicCraft crossovers(TL mod), RD0-198 tweeters. Hurricane nuts, DynaMat and JB Weld.
  • JohnGalt
    JohnGalt Posts: 23
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but thought I would give my 2cents anyway....
    I like the Armacell idea. I usually replace gaskets on older speakers with vinyl foam weather seal stuff for around doors and windows. It comes in a vatiety of thickness and width's, is self adhesive and compresses easily so no risk of bending or cracking anything when you tighten it down. I just used some on an old set of quarts that are a sealed cabinet and it made a huge difference in the low end. It helped tighten up the bass.