aww, #@&%! Art Dudley has passed away

Options
https://www.stereophile.com/content/art-dudley-rest-peace?fbclid=IwAR3IulIozWL2vhn83dS2fbKjwad-sAEaU0KEWb-6W5MQKgvTkcNKzvmcwCA

jbdv9cs82hyj.png

Really shocked and saddened to have seen this.
I always really enjoyed his columns -- mostly because his tastes in sound (and equipment) largely paralleled my own.

Here's a photo of Art and his partner in crime, Bruce Kennett (whom I am proud to call a hifi buddy here in northern NH) from their days at Listener magazine.

m5cz8q6093r1.png

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/0902/artdudley.htm

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Oh wow....RIP
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    That's a terrible shame, sorry to read that. I always enjoyed reading his reviews.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Man that sucks!!!
    RIP thanks for the great reads.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,518
    Options
    Terrible news! I thought his columns were great and subscribed to Listener from beginning to end.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Sad news. RIP.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    He was an informational audiophile without being a snob

Had the opportunity to listen to and meet him at RMAF 2013...very nice gentleman

RIP
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Options
    Always a pleasure to read his columns over the decades! Much respected by his peers. RIP
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    RIP Always well-written reviews and articles in Stereophile.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Rip....Art pretty much set a standard, always liked the man over the years.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,438
    Options
    Sad news. RIP Art.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    RIP Art. :'(
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    RIP to a talented writer.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    RIP, sad news indeed!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,164
    Options
    Sad news. Like Art, King of The Road was the first 45 my father gave me as a child. Still love Roger Miller too. May he be joined with some of the greats. RIP. 😥
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!