Oracle Delphi MkII w/ Linn Basik LV X tonearm

Options
I need another turntable like I need another hole in my head, but a locally-available Oracle Delphi MlkII has my attention. This one has a Linn Basik LV X arm included. The record clamp is included, and it seems to have to have (2) separate power supplies??? View from the rear:
mk36otau5zex.jpg
The one consistent gripe I see in reviews is lack of low-end bass with these , but I have a weakness for suspended sub-chassis turntables.

Anyone have input on these classics?
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Nice tables, but not enough mass for my taste.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Make sure the owner has the setup instructions and adjustment springs for different mass tonearms. A little time consuming to setup, but wonderful design.
  • LoStrings
    LoStrings Posts: 38
    Options
    I have one, and I love it..it’s a little tricky to set up, because you need to match the spring set up with your arm, but once that’s done your golden. I never had any issues with a lack of bass, but systems vary...o84g5k4tcar9.jpeg
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Looks very cool B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon