Right channel dropping out on B&K st125.2

Options
Howdy y'all. It's been a loooong time since I've hung out here. I hope everyone's been doing well.
Looking for a bit of advice. A while back my right channel went out. I went through all the wires checking for something loose and accidentally bumped the power switch on the amp. As soon as I did the channel came back.
Now the same thing happens intermittently. Quickly pushing the power switch always brings it right back. It doesn't bother me that much but I'm a bit worried that there may be a failing component and by ignoring it I may cause serious damage.
What do you think?
Sounds good to me...

Comments

• gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 699
    Options
    Try a new switch maybe ?
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    Yep, time for a new switch.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Rev. Hayes
    Rev. Hayes Posts: 475
    Options
    Sweet. New switch is no big deal. I thought it odd that only half the amp would cut due to a failing power switch but I suppose it actually is a single switch switching two independent sides. Makes sense.
    Sounds good to me...
  • Rev. Hayes
    Options
    P.S. If you ever get the chance to pick one of these amps up, don't hesitate. This is the ONLY issue I've had with it in 10 years. This despite my regularly abusing it. (I've even used it to simultaneously power sets of Infinity RSII, Maggies, Monitor 7, and Monitor 10 at stupid volumes for house parties.... don't tell anyone)
    Sounds good to me...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    Options
    A friend with one of those amps can't turn it off via the power switch, it does nothing when pushed.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Rev. Hayes
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    A friend with one of those amps can't turn it off via the power switch, it does nothing when pushed.

Ha! I don't see the problem there. Why would you ever want the music to stop???
    Sounds good to me...
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,077
    Options
    Rev. Hayes,
    If there was ever a time to come back on the forum, now is the time.

Harry
    Marietta GA
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Rev. Hayes
    Options
    Harry speaks the truth. Only problem is it's giving me GAS. I thought I was finally cured...
    Sounds good to me...
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 699
    Options
    I have replaced the power switch on my ex-442 at least 6 times since I bought it new ..
    They are notorious for failure.
    Last time I bought several as back ups .

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO