grafyx sp-6-c speakers

Options
dee1949
dee1949 Posts: 1,425
edited January 2014 in Speakers
.....anybody know anything about these speakers. I believe they are from the late 70's.......bookshelf.....6" woofer and 2" cone tweeter.....i believe they were made in the midwest.......compared to Advents, Ar, and Dynaco. They sound great.....nice highs and mids. Can't find any information on the sp-6-c.....later model had a dome tweeter. Seen mention of them on vinyl site.
Post edited by dee1949 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Grafyx was in business from 1974 to 1984. The sp-6-c speakers were made in 1979 and 1980 with an MSRP of $200/pair, and had two larger brothers, the sp-8 at $280/pair, and the sp-10 in a walnut finish for $340/pair.

That's all I have.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dee1949
    dee1949 Posts: 1,425
    edited October 2007
    Options
    ....seems to be alot more info about the sp10.......many owners compared them to the Polk Monitor 7. Like to know what tweeters were used in the sp6c.....don't see too many 2" cone tweeters around....my old ears seem to like these tweeters.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    Options
    It's pretty hard to mess up a cone tweeter. As long as the crossover is designed correctly, they tend to sound like a cone tweeter.

I still pull out my KLH 17's on a fairly regular basis, just for the female vocals.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • DJBMan
    DJBMan Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Ive got an immaculate pair and they crank...for sale
  • DJBMan
    DJBMan Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ive got a pair for sale
  • andyoke
    andyoke Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, DJBMan-
    Which Grafyx speakers did you have, SP 6, 8 or 10?
    Are they still available as I am interested in buying them.
    I know it's been a long time ago on this thread.
    Thanks in advance,
    Andrew
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Spam reported. AGAIN.
  • nubet00b7
    Options
    i10g4bn82ufi.jpeg
    4lcoyreqzoe8.jpeg
    fwr1sbhyxk8r.jpeg
    49mednxc16xj.jpeg

Hey all, I have these two and would like your opinion on their worth. They still produce out great sound. I lost one fuse in the move to my new place however. I assume those are pretty common, but I don't know what to ask for when searching.

Thanks for the help!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    The fuse info is printed next the fuse cap and will also be printed on the fuse. They're worth whatever someone is willing to pay.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    From the printing on the crossover input plate it looks like it should be a 1.5 Ampere fast blow fuse. The fast blow is needed so the fuse can protect the tweeter rather than the other way around.