What's you're favorite April Fools joke

Options
2»

Comments

• cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited April 2010
    Options
    We did the same thing. However, we would mix all sort of things into the garbage can. Coffee grounds, condiments, anything we could pull from the common kitchen.

that would just suck to get that dumped on you I think.
    We did it once with soda because the showers were out of order. got a bunch of the cheap 2 litter bottle. Man that was a sticky mess.
  • geoffr
    geoffr Posts: 22
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yesterday, our in-house "green" energy conservation consultant (pain in the ****) called me and said that he was coming downstairs to see me about a project. My office mate and I opened our 3 windows and turned the AC on to high (it was 65 and sunny outside). This guy and I had a conversation until he noticed the open windows/AC and flipped out. We said that we always did this for "fresh, cool air" - we really had him going until the APRIL FOOLS shout out. Not bad for spur of the moment.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2010
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Don't worry, it did.

MORE like fools.
  • epplebee
    epplebee Posts: 32
    edited April 2010
    Options
    saran wrap on the toilet seat is funny, i got my wifes friend with that one but i have gotten my wife with icy hot on the toilet seat before (her face when the heat started was priceless) but the ultimate was vasoline on the toilet set, the only problem was getting beat by the wife at 2am when she had to use the restroom and slipped off the seat onto the floor!!!!!!!! well worth the beating i recieved though
    47" Vizio LED Television
    Sony STR-DH800 Reciever
    Sony BDP-S360 Blue Ray Player
    Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Surround Speakers
    XBOX 360 Elite
    Nintendo Wii
  • Talweh
    Talweh Posts: 149
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My favorite takes a bit of money and prep, but it's so amusing to watch. Get a bunch of the wind up type alarm clocks with the bells on top. (7 or 8 is good) set them to go off 3-5 minutes apart, and hide them randomly around a medium to large sized library. Grab a book, have a seat, and watch the chaos ensue!
  • jimmydep
    jimmydep Posts: 1,305
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Talweh wrote: »
    My favorite takes a bit of money and prep, but it's so amusing to watch. Get a bunch of the wind up type alarm clocks with the bells on top. (7 or 8 is good) set them to go off 3-5 minutes apart, and hide them randomly around a medium to large sized library. Grab a book, have a seat, and watch the chaos ensue!

The real joke will be on you when the anti-terrorism task force takes you away in handcuffs....:D:eek:
  • Talweh
    Talweh Posts: 149
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Egads, I hadn't thought of that... I just love watching the librarians hunting for the obnoxious ringing sounds, and right as they find it, another goes off on the other side of the building.
  • pploeser
    pploeser Posts: 88
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Face wrote: »
    Cheese and bean dip all over the toilet seat at work. :D

That is WRONG too....like a baby ruth in the pool.:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    So today is April Fool's day. I just wasn't feeling it. I normally get the Mrs with a good one every year, but, meh, not today.

So I found this thread, some of you old geezers are still here! And, I had a good laugh! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    TNRabbit wrote: »
    ...treitz3 claiming all his $h!t was stolen...

RIP, Gary. Yeah, that one didn't fly over too well. Won't try that again. That was an perfect example of good intentions gone bad for an April fool's joke. Even had a partner in crime helping me out on that one too. DOH!

I think my favorite AF joke on this forum was by Jesse when he came on and pronounced that he had had enough. That he was gonna sell all his gear and get out of the hobby. Not realizing that it was April Fools, I fell for it and was flabbergasted.

Bastage!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    Got my kids with this one today.
    1m5gdxtquiap.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Slinger182 wrote: »
    My favorite was the left handed whopper that Burger King advertised in the USA today in 1998.

So, I had to look this one up! Very funny! :smile:
    f8v5xgvt4tvq.png
    http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1888721_1888719_1888650,00.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.