COVID-19

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 32,433
    Lmao....the efficiency of government at work.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,061
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I may only be in the 1% bracket for this thing taking me out but I don't feel like playing Russian roulette right now. I gots things I want to do in life and I'd like to go see my parents at some point.
    Tom

Tom, you know I'm in a higher bracket and to repeat what you said:

I don't feel like playing Russian roulette right now, either. I have lots of things I want to do before it's my time to leave. My parents are dead, and I don't want to join them, yet.

We pretty much follow all of the precautions you outlined. Didn't think about the shoe laces. The only place I go is to the Publix with long sleeve shirt, long pants, gloves, mask, and hat on - about a mile away . Then I take care of the key and clothes afterwards.

I am dumbfounded by the people I see at Publix. Most are taking no precautions as if nothing is going on in the world. It's ignorance or stupidity or too proud to put on a mask at least. It's mind blowing!! They must think they are at party.

When Publix announced a special hour for seniors each morning, our county commissioner visited a Publix and discovered a dangerous congregation of old folks - too many at one time.

I have hope that others will see what you do to protect your family, and if they are not doing similar things, they will consider making changes.

Peace!!

Harry
    I'm still shocked also at the amount of people not wearing gloves, nor using hand sanitizer, on both sides of the cash register. Many in the higher risk brackets too. Home depot yesterday still had nothing to wipe cart handles with...but made sure their people at the desks had a 6 ft. clearance from you.

Some say, viruses are mother natures way of weeding out, must say I can't argue too much with that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verbverb Posts: 10,155
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,296
    Went to the grocery store this morning in San Jose. Plenty of everything, but I did put a dent in the frozen vegetables, and bought all the Bear Republic Racer 5 beer. A few people were wearing masks, but most weren’t. When this first became apparent in early February I bought a bunch of masks, but haven’t used any yet.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,061
    The Publix store I frequent has a person cleaning all of the carts especially the handle before a person takes it.

For more than a year the Publix store had provided a very large cylinder of wipes that people could use if desired to clean hands or handles.

Once the coronavirus took off about the first week of March, people began pulling out long strings of the wipes from the cylinder and taking them home; thus, the person now cleaning the handles.

One of the people I know there told me they were bringing scissors to do the cutting into ziplock bags.
  • JstasJstas Posts: 14,181
    BlueFox wrote: »
    When this first became apparent in early February I bought a bunch of masks, but haven’t used any yet.

You should donate them.

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,071
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your daughter is not well. It's scary as F*. Even more so during this time. My son started to complain about a headache, gave him some Tylenol for kids. He went to bed, he felt a bit warm but no fever. We checked on him when we went to bed and he was wet, hair was full of sweat. I got that worried look from my wife. We brought him into bed with us after changing his clothes. Not nearly as bad as your daughter but I know the feeling. Thoughts out to you guys and hope it's just a regular bug.

Thanks man; hope your son feels better soon. My daughter is a trooper - she takes after her mother (both kids natural child birth!!!). She woke up with a lower fever but we are extremely blessed and fortunate to have my brother as a pediatrician.....calms our nerves during the especially uncertain times. Take care of your family and please keep us posted on how he is doing!!!! All the best Willow.

Thank you very much. Hes all engines full blast. Like nothing happened. Kids are tough. Glad to hear her fever is not as bad. Let's hope tomorrow is fever free.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,677
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,506
    Cliff Notes please....

Not gonna subscribe just to read an article.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    Sweden is basically using the honor system and letting people simply go on with their lives and use good common sense...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 7,322
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Thanks again Joey. Appreciate you taking the time out to give us your advice and experience. Thanks for all you do - keep fighting the good fight man.

My 12 year old daughter spiked a 103 fever last night....spoke to my brother who is a GREAT pediatrician. We are stuck in the monitor and report phase, see if she develops any other symptoms and need to self isolate her. This is going to be a long week.....

Sorry to hear man. My daughter was sick last week, 103F too. I had the pediatrician do the tele medicine visit while I acted as the extended physical examiner and looked in the throat, ears, auscultated, etc.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> ??? -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Oppo 105D -> Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Main speakers system evolution over the years:
    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ???
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    Infinity Entra2 -> SVS 25-31PCi -> SVS 25-31PC+ -> Dual JL Audio F113v2
    tonyb wrote: »
    First they said it wasn't necessary, now we should consider it ? Maybe they were just putting everyone at risk to save masks for the HC workers because they knew our supplies were low to begin with.

Maybe the CDC isnt the end all be all of recommendations, as I said.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x -> ??? -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2

Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ???
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    tonyb wrote: »
    I'm still shocked also at the amount of people not wearing gloves, nor using hand sanitizer, on both sides of the cash register. Many in the higher risk brackets too. Home depot yesterday still had nothing to wipe cart handles with...but made sure their people at the desks had a 6 ft. clearance from you.

Some say, viruses are mother natures way of weeding out, must say I can't argue too much with that.

I'm confused.

I thought you were in the camp of not worse than flu, why would it shock you if no one is wearing gloves or using sanitizer? Did we ever do that for flu season?
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    Source:
    Preamplification:
    Amplification:
    Subwoofer:
  • anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 2,641
    Thanks for all your insights Joey. I deeply appreciate your posts.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,969
    edited March 31
    Somewhat motivational article for the SF bay area. Signs that social distancing and sheltering in place are working.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/03/30/bend-it-like-the-bay-area-doctors-see-flatter-curve-after-2-weeks-of-social-isolation-1269663
    I admire this Captain's courage and fighting for the safety of his men, but I can also guarantee the Navy will find a way to remove him from his command...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/us-navy-captain-seeks-help-as-coronavirus-outbreak-spreads-on-4000-person-ship

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 13,296
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Somewhat motivational article for the SF bay area. Signs that social distancing and sheltering in place are working.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/03/30/bend-it-like-the-bay-area-doctors-see-flatter-curve-after-2-weeks-of-social-isolation-1269663

I’m watching the President’s daily news conference right now, and they also were using SF as an example of what can be done to slow down the spread of the virus.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,032
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • MilitoMilito Posts: 925
    Viral video advises washing fruit and vegetables with soap: Here's why that's a bad idea.
    https://www.foxnews.com/science/viral-video-advises-washing-fruit-and-vegetables-with-soap-heres-why-thats-a-bad-idea
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, B&K 4420 Reference, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Technics PD867, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold Power Cable, Signal Power Cables, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,460
    Interesting - PayPal, Venmo, etc vie to be included as options for citizens to receive stimulus payments...

https://www.pymnts.com/news/payment-methods/2020/venmo-square-cash-vie-for-stimulus-funds-distribution/
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    On a day off, tomorrow too.

I gotta stop reading news outlets, it’s depressing.

85 refrigerated trailers sent to New York to be temporary morgues? Don’t recall the flu doing that.

And there are 3,000+ dead and they expect a 50 fold increase by this time 3 weeks from now? Geez.

I can’t believe the surge is coming
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    Source:
    Preamplification:
    Amplification:
    Subwoofer:
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 44,507
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msgmsg Posts: 5,558
    edited March 31
    Joey_V wrote: »
    It is.
    I'm trying to find some balance between being informed, and

kmivq0dw0sk1.png
    I disabled signatures.
    Joey_V wrote: »

85 refrigerated trailers sent to New York to be temporary morgues? Don’t recall the flu doing that.

And there are 3,000+ dead and they expect a 50 fold increase by this time 3 weeks from now? Geez.

I can’t believe the surge is coming

Maybe if NY took it a tad more seriously, as late as early March they were still telling people to go out, as they normally would. Ny accounts for over half those dead, maybe we should just quarantine hot spots.

Now it's 3 weeks from now ? What happened to the next 2 weeks ? Will a month from now we will be hearing the next 3 weeks will be crucial....again.

Kiddy up Joey, ya got roughly 197 thousand to go . To me, and for having this virus 3 months already with only a tad over 3k dead, we are doing ok considering all the supply shortages, people disobeying stay at home orders.

Btw, the flu count so far I believe is 16k, those deaths get no news coverage or concern. Let's hope those trailers see minimal use.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
    edited March 31
    F1nut wrote: »

Finally, I get to have a conversation with someone more reasonable than Tony

I get the numbers Jesse.

But that’s a spread over 4 to 5 months, there is not a surge as other parts of the world have seen and we might see as with covid.

In addition, that’s without significant protocols for stay at home and social distancing.

To put it into perspective, compare that 80,000 to the over 800,000 that might have happened had we acted like this is “just the flu”.

Also, that death number does not show the severity index. Icu usage is double with covid than flu.

I get your point, there’s some media bloat with covid and dust the flu under the floor mat media approach, but there is a significant difference between many measurable parameters between the flu and covid, no matter how you slice it.
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    Source:
    Preamplification:
    Amplification:
    Subwoofer:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!