Speakers! Speakers! Speakers!!!

So now that I have gotten what I consider to be my end-game speakers, it is time to thin the herd a bit. Just no need for more speakers than rooms in the house.

I will be posting up pictures soon.
I also will only ship if the buyer pays actual shipping costs since I don't have any of the original boxes.
Payment via Paypal F&F is preferred but we can make other arrangements if needed.
I am willing to drive up to 3 hours from Des Moines, IA to meet up for a sale. But beyond that is up to you to meet me.

1. Silverline Audio Sonatina MKI Condition: 6/10 $750
I thought these were going to be my endgame speakers. They are designed to work with SET power but I have yet to find an amp that they didn't play nicely with.
I upgraded the crossovers to include ClarityCap and SonicCap capacitors and Jantzen and AlphaCore copper foil/wax inductors. Internal wiring is all 12/2 Audioquest FLX.
They also have Soundocity outriggers with rubber feet. But you can add really any feet or spikes you want to.
They do have wear and tear from being moved multiple time. Some dings here and there but nothing structurally or acoustically wrong with them. They are Maple burl veneered with black grilles.

2. Polk Audio LSiM705 Cherry Condition: 9.5/10 $800
Not going to lie, I bought these during the Audorama sales. They have been unboxed, set up for a few days and listened to and then pushed to the back of my office where they have sat under the white cloth socks ever since. I really really like them. Arguably my favorite Polk speakers I have owned and I have thought long and hard about keeping them for my bar surround system. But my bar needs speakers that can be wall mounted up and out of the way. Since the LSi7s and LSiC I have fit the bill there, I am keeping those.
These are in immaculate shape and aren't even broken in yet.

3. Usher V-601s Condition: 6/10 $225
These are the redish finished ones that have been making their rounds around Club Polk for some time. I traded Dan ( @EndersShadow ) for them and planned on keeping them for my bedroom setup. But they have been listened to exactly twice in the over a year and a half that they have been in the bedroom. They no longer have the grilles as they were starting to fall apart. They still perform great and other than some dings and scratches are structurally sound.
"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    You had me at Speakers.

:#

Now I gotta read the ad, I guess...

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Free 705's and free beers, what kind of beer ? Way to go Russ. Good luck with the sale on the rest of your speakers Ryan.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Those Ushers are great sounding! Good luck to the new owner!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    So the 705s are sold?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Trustworthy seller here. Buy with confidence.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    To add to the provenance, I bought the v601s from @erniejade
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Russ is just a jackass.

well he did tell me one time he is what he eats...

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Spoke too soon. Consider the 705s as sold.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Spoke too soon. Consider the 705s as sold.

Tease....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rburgess714
    That was fast. Congrats on the sale.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Russ is just a jackass.
    Still....

Shut up Russ.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    PM on the Ushers
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • ZLTFUL
    Right now both the 705s and the Ushers are spoken for.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited March 2020
    Can you PM me pics on the Silverlines....thanks.
    I known its a long shot but Im on the speaker hunt.
  • EndersShadow
    The Silverlines are awesome speakers. I spent a few hours with them and they are quite nice!
  • ZLTFUL
    Will do, Kev. May be a little bit as I am stuck working part of today.

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Put me in line for the Ushers please.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • rburgess714
    Put me in line for the 705s
    Living Room

Office

• ZLTFUL
    @kevhed72 PM sent.
    Posting up pics here as well.

Guys, if anything falls through on the Ushers or the 705s, I will let you know.

msbbtkq6vfz0.jpg
    dv7l4rx65t10.jpg
    zvx9pk217wur.jpg
    j6ackkepb8py.jpg
    c2d3gtexv4rl.jpg

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Those Silverlines are beautiful...how big a room did you have them in? I have a medium (at best) room that doubles as a home office....getting them to Georgia would be an adventure for sure🙂
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    They play well in smaller areas...Ryan had these setup at LSAF at the Embassy Ste's in Dallas couple years back
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    Actually, it was last year Ron. But yeah, they work well in my office at 12x16.

The only caveat is they are picky about distance from the wall behind them since they are rear ported. I had them about 8ft apart, 9 ft from the listening position and roughly 22 inches from the wall behind them.

My room is also doubles as my home office...
    pfvq8uvdmpkq.jpg
    riot8b40ept9.jpg
    m2e1jj4pt02w.jpg

• ZLTFUL
    As for getting them to Georgia, I am positive we can figure something out. I don't mind driving at all really.

• jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    So have a stupid question-- if you have two sets of speakers, how do you switch them? Manually connect/disconnect speaker cables?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    jumpindick wrote: »
    So have a stupid question-- if you have two sets of speakers, how do you switch them? Manually connect/disconnect speaker cables?

Osmosis
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ZLTFUL
    Manually switched them when I was comparing.

My office now only have the Elbas in there now.

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Beautiful speaks!
  • ZLTFUL
    Bump for the Silverlines.